anyone like a 7.25" radius fretboard?

wsaraceni

Silver Supporting Member
im looking at fenders, and trying to decide if i can get along with this radius. i prefer a slightly higher action and that seems to be the biggest complaint with this radius so im wondering if it may actually work out for me. i generally play a prs with an 11" radius though. so that part has me worried.

shark_bite

Doesn't bug me too much. If you're used to an 11" radius, it might not be for you. The tradeoff is slightly higher action, but it worked for plenty of legends way back when. And Hendrix could bend strings just fine without fretting out.

R13D

It's my favorite radius as well,and with a good set-up and fretwork,no problems at all for me,and I bend all over the neck. That being said,some just don't like it and prefer a flatter radius.Play some 7.25's and see what you think.

monty

I like the feel of them, but setting up can be an adventure. Still working on mine.

davess23

Gold Supporting Member
I have several different guitars and I adjust my technique to do what it takes to get what I need from the one I'm using.

I'm very happy with my AV62RI. The 7.25 isn't a problem. Radius of the neck is a non-issue for me.

M

Member 37136

I like the 7.25" for chording, but it is a bit of a challenge getting one set up for bending strings above the 12th fret. To me, the 9.5" radius is perfect, but I wouldn't consider the 7.25" a deal-breaker if I loved the guitar otherwise, especially since like you, I'm not into super-low action anyway.

Dave Wakely

I don't think radius on its own means that much - neck profile and bulk play just as much a part. The three most comfortable necks I've experienced are a Parker (compound radius, pretty flat, wide but shallow neck), an Ibanez AS200 (no idea on specs, but its feels amazing), and a RW Tele (7.5, chunky). Very very slight issue with fretting out above about the 17th fret on the Tele on the top two strings, but not enough to bother me. With 7.5 you will need a slightly higher action, but if you're ok with that ... try the guitar and see if you like it.

Trending Topics