• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Anyone loving their Source Audio Nemesis Delay? Reviews?

stephenT

This pedal caught my eye, looks like it would be a fun unit for recording, etc. At $300 I'd like to hear if folks are happy w/ their purchase or if this unit is another flavor o' week,..

For owners,... how are the analog type sounds? Enjoying your Source Audio Nemesis Delay? Useful for live?

hippieboy

Silver Supporting Member
Nice pedal, as stated so many times now haha it's by far my favorite super delay, a lot better than a timeline, timefactor, Flashback X4 etc etc, but it's NOT better than my el cap + tonal recall combo, far from it. So my advice is, if you are looking for a lot of good sounds in one box go for it, if you want a specific sound, then you can do a lot better specially on the analog/tape delay section.

FWIW I sold mine.

LordByron

The Dude abides!
I'm not sure "love" adequately encompasses the feeling held by most of its owners. Fanatic devotion might be closer to the mark, ;) It really is a fantastic delay. It's analog engines are quite excellent. (My personal favorite is the "Tremolo" engine, which I have been able to dial into a dead ringer for a big box DMM.) The Tape delays are killer. The Oilcan and Echorec engines also are fantastic. Just based on sounds alone, this is one of the best delays out there. Period. But when you start looking at its tweakabilty, controlability, community support, and, more importantly, the support that Source Audio provides (including ongoing development) it is, in my book, the best single buy you can make in the delay realm. And, oh yeah... the TOANZ! :)

P.S. I use mine both live and for recording. It excels in both uses.

dickjonesify

I'll just say that mine is glued to my board haha. The sounds and tweakability are fantastic. The presets and multitap options have made it possible for me to only have one delay on the board. Never thought I'd be able to do that.

Definitely check out the big thread. Lots of info and clips floating around.

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
It's the best of the kitchen-sink delays I've ever tried. The Analog modelling is really really great. I am thinking about selling mine because in the gigs I currently have I don't need all its features.

For ref - my other delays are the EL Cap, the DML2, and my trusty Tech 21 DLA.

Other delays I've had o'er the years:
Big Box DMM.
Carbon Copy
Timeline
Echolution Deluxe
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss DD-3
Boss DM-3
Boss RE-20
TC Alter Ego v1
Retro Sonic Delay
Maxon AD999
Way Huge Supa Puss
Empress VMSD
Diamond Memory Lane Jr
Earthquaker Ghost Echo
Earthquaker Dispatch Master
Ibanez Mini Delay
Lovepedal GEN 5 Echo

I feel like I am missing some here..but um, you get the idea.

kzoolou

Does the Nemesis ever go on sale anywhere or is it somewhat price controlled?

If the videos and reviews are any indication, this is a must have pedal for me at some point.

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member

If the videos and reviews are any indication, this is a must have pedal for me at some point.
I got mine discounted from Prymaxe. I don't think that's changed.

Kluch

I'll just say that mine is glued to my board haha. The sounds and tweakability are fantastic. The presets and multitap options have made it possible for me to only have one delay on the board. Never thought I'd be able to do that.

Definitely check out the big thread. Lots of info and clips floating around.
Same for me. I just got mine a couple of weeks back for my birthday and all I can say is it sounds good, like, really good, and I haven't even dug into the app really. I've mostly been using it for a crystal clean dotted eighth delay but it does really good tape and analog sounds too (just in the short time I've spent with it). It almost makes me want to sell my el cap but I think I'll hold onto that pedal too ;)

sstweed

Gold Supporting Member
I must be an oddball. I was completely underwhelmed with the el cap. It sounded nothing like my ep-3. Nothing does exactly I suppose.

As for the Nemesis, I find it very useful. I am not a power user in the sense that some delay users are, but I have no desire to get rid of it. I am looking forward to the SA Reverb in 2017.

stephenT

I'm interested in doing stereo amp recording, seems like it's has plenty of well designed sounds build in, plus very tweekable. Thanks for the encouragement!

Last edited:

Gl4th

I'm interested in the Nemesis. Just few question for the ones who already have one:

1. I can't really understand if it is true bypass or buffered
2. It has a spillover?
3. The updates from source audio are, let's say, new presets or new algorithms?
4. Where it is made? China like Behringer?
5. You need external footswitch to change preset? I mean, if I need two delay (short for rhythm an longer for the solo) in the same song I need external switch?

Thanks!

Blix

Norwegian
Silver Supporting Member
I'm interested in the Nemesis. Just few question for the ones who already have one:

1. I can't really understand if it is true bypass or buffered
2. It has a spillover?
3. The updates from source audio are, let's say, new presets or new algorithms?
4. Where it is made? China like Behringer?
5. You need external footswitch to change preset? I mean, if I need two delay (short for rhythm an longer for the solo) in the same song I need external switch?

Thanks!
1. It can be set to either.
2. No
3. Algorithms and various features.
4. China, but not comparable to Behringer is any shape or form, all quality components through and through.
5. Yes

gtrplr71

use the chat function at Prymaxe they will hook you up

CarlGuitarist

Another big fan here. Got rid of my timeline due to size, and I'm equally happy with the Nemesis. Fantastic sounds, and I love the easy of use on the pedal itself.

Gl4th

1. It can be set to either.
2. No
3. Algorithms and various features.
4. China, but not comparable to Behringer is any shape or form, all quality components through and through.
5. Yes
Ok, so no spillover, you need another stuff for the presets and made in China. Now I see why it is so cheap. I'll give it a try anyway.

Trending Topics