• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone make Mosrite style bodies?

samdjr74

Silver Supporting Member
So say a person wanted to build a Mosrite style guitar, where might one go to obtain a body like that?

Arewenotmen?

Hallmark guitars reportedly makes a pretty good Mosrite clone.

Edit: Just saw you want to build one, not buy one. My bad. I don't know about that, then.

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
Eastwood sells bodies and necks individually on ebay from time to time.

lonesomebill

You may want to contact Roberto-Venn school. When I worked there in the 70s, Bob Venn had a shack full of Mosrite bodies and necks. Bob has passed and I know there was a fire, but there may be something left.

Other than that, I am sure you could carve one yourself with enough references.

samdjr74

Silver Supporting Member
The problem is I just don't have all of the tools, skills or time to do a german carved top body. The investment would be massive on something so small in the long run.

You may want to contact Roberto-Venn school. When I worked there in the 70s, Bob Venn had a shack full of Mosrite bodies and necks. Bob has passed and I know there was a fire, but there may be something left.

Other than that, I am sure you could carve one yourself with enough references.

Trending Topics