Anyone make these gauges????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by papersoul, Sep 10, 2008.

1. papersoul

papersoul Member

I am looking for sets in the following....

9-12-16-26-36-46
    10-13-17-28-38-48(or 49)
    11-14-18-30-40-50(or 52)

THANKS!

2. mowatsmith

mowatsmith Member

The GHS David Gilmour signature set is available in 10-12-16-28-38-48, which is pretty dang close to the 10-13-17-28-38-48 you were after.

3. papersoul

papersoul Member

Thanks, but it needs to be exact because I get buzzing otherwsise. That gauge will be used for Eb. Thanks though!

Maybe I'll order single strings.

4. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

everyone makes the first one (9-46), a few folks make the 3rd (11-52), but no-one makes the middle one, and i can't understand why!

you could just get a set of ernie ball power slinkys (11-48) and a set of skinny top-heavy bottoms (10-52) and swap the plain strings and the wound strings; you would then have your last 2 sets.

5. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

that bottom set is what I use on my Strat. I gave up on finding a 30-40-50 in a set and just get them individually on line from EB or the music store when they have them. A .52 makes a big differance on my axe.

6. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

GHS Boomer .011s are an .011-.050 set.

7. pedalfreek

pedalfreek Member

You can go to a music store and they can order custom sets for you from GHS.....

This is from the FAQ on their website:

Q: Not every dealer carries individual strings to enable players to customize their individual string gauges. Are there any alternatives available for players who wish to customize their strings through GHS?

A: One of the best resources we offer is our Custom Shop. This allows any player to develop his own Custom Set if there isn't one available. All of the strings in our sets - plus hundreds of others - are available to be put in Custom Sets. We will package the individual strings as a set for any player that would like this. Any GHS dealer can order Custom Sets with their regular orders. We do thousands of these for players around the world. Even if the dealer doesn't carry the individual strings the player wants, we can generally have them sent to the store within a matter of a few days.

8. papersoul

papersoul Member

The wound strings on the 10-52 set are too heavy, but might work! Only difference would be the .42 gauge. I have been having wrist problems plus I don't find benefits any longer in super heavy gauges. Thanks though!

As someone mentioned GHS custom gauges could be the ticket! I'll ask my local shop to see if they will order and this way I won't have to pay shipping like ordering custom gauges on line.

9. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

It's very hard to get an exact match. The GHS Eric Johnson sets are similar to your second and third sets, but there are differences. I like the gauges, but wish they were a littler brighter.

I've considered ordering some Pure Nickel individual strings from the Ernie Ball site. They sell them in six packs for $3.50 for plain and $7.00-$8.75 for wound. You can buy six sets of strings for about $5.60 each, and get your own custom gauges. The regular Nickel Wound are cheaper...the price is about $5.00.

John