• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone Mod a Maxon AD900 for tap tempo?

slave

Hey dudes.

So the mAxon AD900 is still my fave delay. But I'd really like to get some tap tempo action.

Other mods I'm interested in, would be modding the LED for tempo flashing, modding for trails when stomped off, and maybe even holding down the tap tempo button for infinite repeats/oscillating.

Is there anyone that could possibly mod this sucker for tap tempo, and/or possibly the others too?

Cheers.

Black_Label

There are a couple of threads about this that I've read through - modding an analog delay for tap tempo is time consuming and expensive. Probably prohibitively so. A while back I wanted to get a pedal modded for tap and basically settled on the fact that it's cheaper to just buy a DMM tt100 than to modify an existing analog delay.

Gibs210

If it were pt2399 based delay, there are some sources for PCBs that would allow this, but a straight analog delay would be very time consuming and expensive to create a tempo circuit for. The trailing bypass should be doable but still an involving process. Better off finding a dmmtt, ml2, dmb or other tap tempo analog delay.

bobotwt

Silver Supporting Member
As has been said, I'm betting it would be cost-prohibitive. I would happy with 100% wet/kill dry on my AD900.

Josh

Trending Topics