• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Anyone not like the Mirage Compressor?

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
I've pretty much heard nothing but positive feedback on the FX Engineering Mirage Compressor. I'm curious if anyone has used one and not liked it or found it to be less than ideal.

Mirage vs Diamond vs Strymon?

Thanks y'all.

jamison162

Not dissin' on the other's but I've tried all 3. Owned the Diamond a couple yrs. Bought a Mirage, returned it in favor of the Diamond. Bought the Strymon, returned it in favor of the Diamond.

The Diamond is subtle. The Strymon and Mirage are VERY similar and even more subtle/transparent than the Diamond.

One other issue I didn't like about the Strymon was that the boost only worked when the Comp was "on". It's not an independant boost. That kind of took away one of the main reasons I was getting it.

The Mirage has the smallest footprint, but again I think the Diamond is the comp to beat.

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for sharing your feedback!

I decided to take the Mirage plunge. It's such a drag to have to "hope you made the right call" when you can't try this type of stuff out. I'll I could really go on was one video, which oddly enough blow me away, as well as all of the great feedback and info from happy Mirage users. I think Lucidology's post was the one that gave me the final boost of confidence to give it a try.

Thanks again! Peace B :beer

ES330

Not dissin' on the other's but I've tried all 3. Owned the Diamond a couple yrs. Bought a Mirage, returned it in favor of the Diamond. Bought the Strymon, returned it in favor of the Diamond.

The Diamond is subtle. The Strymon and Mirage are VERY similar and even more subtle/transparent than the Diamond.

One other issue I didn't like about the Strymon was that the boost only worked when the Comp was "on". It's not an independant boost. That kind of took away one of the main reasons I was getting it.

The Mirage has the smallest footprint, but again I think the Diamond is the comp to beat.
what other comps have you tried ?

ES330

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

I decided to take the Mirage plunge. It's such a drag to have to "hope you made the right call" when you can't try this type of stuff out. I'll I could really go on was one video, which oddly enough blow me away, as well as all of the great feedback and info from happy Mirage users. I think Lucidology's post was the one that gave me the final boost of confidence to give it a try.

Thanks again! Peace B :beer
That's great... I would like to try one as well.
Lucidology also liked the Maxon CP 101 the best as I recall.

jamison162

what other comps have you tried ?
Let's see: Mirage, Strymon OB.1, Diamond, Maxon CP-101, Boss CS-3, Keeley, all the MXR's including the handwired, Whirlwind Red Box, Wampler Ego Comp., Aphex Punch Factory, probably others I am forgetting.

Trending Topics