Anyone own a Panamera? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by sleshnyc, Feb 10, 2015.

1. sleshnyc

sleshnyc Member

I'm thinking of selling my Audi S4 for a Panamera 4s or Turbo. Not looking to get into the debate on it's looks or why i should get something else. I need an all wheel drive performance sedan. Just want input from owners. General satisfaction, maintenace, issues etc.
    Thanks in advance.

2. sundog964

sundog964 Supporting Member

Go over to the panamera forum at forums.rennlist.com

They will answer all your questions. But search a little first or you might get jumped a little.

There was a lady that brought out her Panamera to our track day at Laguna Seca. It was fun running with her, although she was driving conservatively because it didn't have all the safety equipment.

3. scott944

scott944 Member

^ Beat me to it. My favourite Porsche forums.

4. Minte

Minte *except for a few minor scratches* Gold Supporting Member

I had a PanS.. The interior is as good as it gets. It brakes and handles well. I don't believe I am saying this, but it was too fast for a daily driver. But the reason I traded it after a year was that it is HUGE. And it feels huge in the city. I traded it for an S-class and that actually is easier to drive in the city.
    [​IMG]

Here it's parked next to the E55amg I had. You can see how large this car is.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dale402

Dale402 Member

2012 Panamera 4. Had the oil sensor fail at about 20K miles. Not a real big issue, but far away from a dealer and they sent a flatbed to take it over to St Louis. No dipstick and I knew it was full, but wasn't taking any chances.

No other issues. Love the car. I did talk to a local dealer and they said trade-in values are about 20% less. Might have been "shining me on", but used might be a great deal! I'm really happy with just the V-6. Great deal on it. Good gas mileage, and it goes when I press the gas. Sport mode is great! And AWD is great. But the large tires on it suck until they're warmed up and didn't do well in snow at all. I'd recommend winter tires as a backup if there's a lot of snow where you are.

It is a larger car, but I'm not bothered by it all. It is very comfortable. I had an Audi A8 Executive for a week while the dealer fixed my oil sensor (special order and monitored, so I think they've had issues with that sensor) and I missed my Panamera. My only regret is I don't have a reverse camera. The mirrors are great and adjust automatically for backing up, but a camera is a must have.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. I've found RENNLIST to be great on everything else but Panameras. Not much useful info for me.

6. enocaster

enocaster Member

I'd look into when the 2nd gen. design is coming out. It would stink for an improved design to be released when yours still smells new.

7. Dale402

Dale402 Member

Forgot about those! They are sweet... But I would imagine there won't be many good deals on those and the 1st generation deals would be pretty nice.

Also, if you go used make sure it's CPO'd. And if it's a dealer's "show car" (can't remember the term), Porsche starts the warranty when the dealership gets it, so the warranty may already have started. Happened to me and I lost about 12 months of warranty.