• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone own a SG Special Robot?

RouseTheBoroughs

Silver Supporting Member
I played one at GC in Albany, sounded fabulous but I was a bit pissed off by the fact the red one came with a cheezie steel pickguard ... not comfy at all ...

neck also was quite wide and thin, as with all SGs I've tried ... the obvious neck dip is a piss off ...

I wish they would add that robot feature to a 61 reissue ... til then ..

rabbuhl

I played one last week. It took only a few minutes to figure out how to tune the guitar. I was wondering how often the batteries need to be changed.

Gibfenderson

Yep!!!

charge lasts a long time. Neck is thicker than a 61 reissue. Plays like a nice SG. I think the ebony board gives it more snap and bright end.

Just like any other Gibson- play first if you can ; they all seem a different.

rabbuhl

You don't change the batteries. You recharge them through the gutar input.
For all of the complaining I have done about Gibsons staying in tune I left the store thinking the Robot was a pretty cool innovation. I was able to tune the guitar rather quickly and my only concern was battery life.

Gibfenderson

For all of the complaining I have done about Gibsons staying in tune I left the store thinking the Robot was a pretty cool innovation. I was able to tune the guitar rather quickly and my only concern was battery life.
Last time I charged my SG was 3 or 4 months ago. I also like the intonation feature.

tedm

How is the accuracy? Have you compared with the dark fire's 2nd gen technology?

Any freeze-ups?

Gibfenderson

No experience with a dark fire.

Itonation feature seems pretty accurate on the Robot SG but i don't havea strobe tuner to compare it to. It very easy to do. leads suggest if you are flat or sharp. Just keep adjusting the saddle screw until it tells you your there.

Trending Topics