• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone own a Viktor Baker archtop?

Jazz2Punk

I'm intrigued with Baker's archtops and semi-hollows and would love to hear some feedback from owners. Any insights into quality as well as overall purchasing experience would be appreciated.

Thanks!

liquidswords

They look really great. I know Gilad Hekselman plays one these days and while he sounds marvelous with it, I actually preferred his tone on his Gibson Howard Roberts Custom.

Jazz2Punk

They look really great. I know Gilad Hekselman plays one these days and while he sounds marvelous with it, I actually preferred his tone on his Gibson Howard Roberts Custom.
Yeah, apples to oranges there as they are very different guitars. I dig how Hekselman is branching out and experimenting more but his tone with the Gibson was very nice indeed.

gitman

i have this lam-top he made for me a year ago, my main gigging archtop guitar. it has 2,5" sides like a Byrdland, 17" wide lower bout, 25" scale and wooden binding. i had asked him to find this rippling maple veneer and he delivered, the shading from the bottom up was my idea as well (i saw that on a bitchin' Monteleone once ....) . he is quick, well
organized and the guitar plays and sounds great, a real workhorse for me, be it in solo, small group or bigband settings. the price is unbeatable for a handmade custom guitar and soundwise it is in no way inferior to the vintage archtops (both lam-top and solid-top models) i have played, better than many (more alive, responsive, better balance and articulation). i'm happy with the guitar, it delivers and i'd have him build me another one if the need would come up.

schlagsaite

i have this lam-top he made for me a year ago, my main gigging archtop guitar. it has 2,5" sides like a Byrdland, 17" wide lower bout, 25" scale and wooden binding. i had asked him to find this rippling maple veneer and he delivered, the shading from the bottom up was my idea as well (i saw that on a bitchin' Monteleone once ....) . he is quick, well
organized and the guitar plays and sounds great, a real workhorse for me, be it in solo, small group or bigband settings. the price is unbeatable for a handmade custom guitar and soundwise it is in no way inferior to the vintage archtops (both lam-top and solid-top models) i have played, better than many (more alive, responsive, better balance and articulation). i'm happy with the guitar, it delivers and i'd have him build me another one if the need would come up.
BEAUTIFUL!!!
:love:

Jazz2Punk

Beautiful guitar! Thanks for the feedback.

mwhy

Silver Supporting Member
I've only heard good things. Pretty decent prices, IMO.

Marc

Trending Topics