Anyone Own Celebrity or Rockstar Owned/Played Instruments?

Hey!

I wanted to make a forum just asking if anyone has any really cool guitars. I am a big collector so wanted to share some of my items too. I own one of Bruce Springsteen's stage used guitars, I own a Paul Stanley guitar and a Tom Petty guitar. Do you guys got anything cool? I love seeing this type of stuff.

Lets see!

Mtt02263

My dad has a '55 Les Paul Junior he bought years ago from a guy who claims it was once owned by Leslie West. He only said it after the guitar was purchased and wasn't advertising it, he also had many personal photos of hanging out with Dave Peverett so he definitely knew some industry guys. No way to determine the validity of the claim I guess.

Hey!

I wanted to make a forum just asking if anyone has any really cool guitars. I am a big collector so wanted to share some of my items too. I own one of Bruce Springsteen's stage used guitars, I own a Paul Stanley guitar and a Tom Petty guitar. Do you guys got anything cool? I love seeing this type of stuff.

Lets see!
I have this absolutely incredible Takamine EF450C, there's no concrete proof of ownership so I don't consider it much more than a possibility but I did get the guitar from Nashville, and was told the previous owner was a big country star (think they told me it was either Toby Keith or Tim McGraw? Both are Takamine artists). I don't know anything about country music though.

I was given this info AFTER I had already purchased and paid for the guitar, so I don't really see a reason for the seller to lie about it...but without real proof I just consider it a fun story.

The guitar sure is a looker though, and sounds incredible! Was a real steal of a deal too...probably the best deal I've ever gotten on an acoustic.

Need to get some decent quality pics of mine (just have some crappy ones on my phone right now), but this is the one:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Takamine/EF450C-Thermal-Top-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar.gc

bossaddict

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
May be a bit of a stretch in terms of star power, but I believe my '94 Nighthawk Custom was ordered for and owned by Ricky Lee Phelps, formerly of the Kentucky Headhunters and later, Brother Phelps. I found the original order paperwork in the case with "Artist Inspection - Brother Phelps" listed under the Special Instructions. That's all I've got (to my knowledge).

Last edited:

pmjgear

Silver Supporting Member
I own a Bad Cat Black Cat 30r that was previously owned by John Dyer Baizley of Baroness. He used it heavily on tour and to record the Blue and Yellow & Green albums.

Here it is with the COA he wrote for me on the back of a print:

It can also be seen in this live video (beneath the red Bad Cat head):

skullfunkerry

When I took my Performance apart to get it refinished there was a name in the neck pocket: Martin Shellard. I tracked him down on facebook and messaged him. Turned out that he'd been touring the states, bought the guitar in bits from Performance Guitar in Hollywood and then had it put together when he got back to England. He's a session player, and used the guitar on a Roger Daltrey album, Jeff Wayne's Spartacus... and The Simpsons' Yellow Album :D

Trending Topics