Anyone Own Celebrity or Rockstar Owned/Played Instruments?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Dylan Kosinski, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

1. Dylan Kosinski

Dylan Kosinski Member

Hey!

I wanted to make a forum just asking if anyone has any really cool guitars. I am a big collector so wanted to share some of my items too. I own one of Bruce Springsteen's stage used guitars, I own a Paul Stanley guitar and a Tom Petty guitar. Do you guys got anything cool? I love seeing this type of stuff.

Lets see!

Beto, scr@tchy, orourke and 11 others like this.
  2. Moby Dick

Moby Dick Member

I have a Rick Nielsen pick!

doesn’t everybody?
    :anon

3. monty

monty Member

Welcome to TGP Dylan, great thread idea!

Riverwoods, Beto, Moby Dick and 5 others like this.
  4. Guitarworks

Guitarworks Member

I got a stainless John Sykes pick, John Petrucci jazz 3, Michaelangelo Batio jazz 3, and a Rick Nielsen pick. No celeb guitars.

uab9253 and Moby Dick like this.
  5. Dylan Kosinski

Dylan Kosinski Member

Thanks!

Yes, I love to see these types of things. I am happy to show my guitars too.

6. Mtt02263

Mtt02263 Supporting Member

My dad has a '55 Les Paul Junior he bought years ago from a guy who claims it was once owned by Leslie West. He only said it after the guitar was purchased and wasn't advertising it, he also had many personal photos of hanging out with Dave Peverett so he definitely knew some industry guys. No way to determine the validity of the claim I guess.

Beto, orourke, TravisE and 4 others like this.
  7. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

I used to own a guitar that was owned by Jake E. Lee. A gold glitter Jackson, that apparently he received, played and rejected. LOL.

pedalpusher, Beto, Baconjerky and 8 others like this.
  8. customguitars87

customguitars87 Member

I have this absolutely incredible Takamine EF450C, there's no concrete proof of ownership so I don't consider it much more than a possibility but I did get the guitar from Nashville, and was told the previous owner was a big country star (think they told me it was either Toby Keith or Tim McGraw? Both are Takamine artists). I don't know anything about country music though.

I was given this info AFTER I had already purchased and paid for the guitar, so I don't really see a reason for the seller to lie about it...but without real proof I just consider it a fun story.

The guitar sure is a looker though, and sounds incredible! Was a real steal of a deal too...probably the best deal I've ever gotten on an acoustic.

Need to get some decent quality pics of mine (just have some crappy ones on my phone right now), but this is the one:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Takamine/EF450C-Thermal-Top-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar.gc

Matteo11 and fretless like this.
  9. Zeegler

Zeegler Member

How about some pics?

My contribution. Not very famous, especially if you're not Canadian, but This guitar was owned by John Albani and appears in the Lee Aaron video Sex With Love

[​IMG]

10. phoghat

phoghat Member

I have Carl Perkins's guitar case. It was for a hollowbody Gibson, but it fits my Gretsch 3156 nicely.

It still has the remnants of airplane luggage tags.

11. Lemonhand

Lemonhand Member

I sold a guitar to a famous rock star...does that count or should it become its own thread?

12. bossaddict

bossaddict Supporting Member

May be a bit of a stretch in terms of star power, but I believe my '94 Nighthawk Custom was ordered for and owned by Ricky Lee Phelps, formerly of the Kentucky Headhunters and later, Brother Phelps. I found the original order paperwork in the case with "Artist Inspection - Brother Phelps" listed under the Special Instructions. That's all I've got (to my knowledge).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 1:52 PM
    Droliver, Riverwoods, shane8 and 36 others like this.
  13. pmjgear

pmjgear Supporting Member

I own a Bad Cat Black Cat 30r that was previously owned by John Dyer Baizley of Baroness. He used it heavily on tour and to record the Blue and Yellow & Green albums.

Here it is with the COA he wrote for me on the back of a print:

It can also be seen in this live video (beneath the red Bad Cat head):

14. CanuckChris

CanuckChris Supporting Member

Damn, Lee Aaron. Now that takes me back to some high school memories!

15. MikeSP

MikeSP Supporting Member

I have some smashing pumpkins stuff. The Gish drum set and a few of Billy’s guitars. Also a tour used keyboard that has 30 songs programmed into it. That bell on Disarm, it’s in there...lol

16. Robert Libutti

Robert Libutti Member

I've got both Dan and Justin Hawkins guitar picks...haha.

17. skullfunkerry

skullfunkerry Member

When I took my Performance apart to get it refinished there was a name in the neck pocket: Martin Shellard. I tracked him down on facebook and messaged him. Turned out that he'd been touring the states, bought the guitar in bits from Performance Guitar in Hollywood and then had it put together when he got back to England. He's a session player, and used the guitar on a Roger Daltrey album, Jeff Wayne's Spartacus... and The Simpsons' Yellow Album :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. RebelShredMojo

RebelShredMojo Member

I bought my Marshall JVM410HJS from Jake Pitts of Black Veil Brides if that counts.

PBGas, uab9253, Whatnobeer and 5 others like this.
  19. stonem

stonem Member

I own an amp I was told belonged to Ace Frehely, not sure if it's TRUE and never cared as I'm not a fan at all. I also own another amp that was owned by a big name, they wouldnt disclose who but hinted at Steve Vai, also not a fan so I dont care.