Anyone own or played Joe Riggio guitars?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mikeratan00, Mar 1, 2012.

1. mikeratan00

mikeratan00 Member

Great looking guitars!![​IMG]

2. mikeratan00

mikeratan00 Member

3. vortexxxx

vortexxxx Member

That looks quite nice.

4. Rebel-Guitars

Rebel-Guitars Antique Silver Member

I've known Joe since '09 while working with Gigliotti. I was able to check out a couple of his latest guitars at NAMM and they were really nice. I have a couple in the works that will available soon.

5. Berkshire

Berkshire Member

I own a Riggio guitar and it is by far the best feeling guitar I have owned. Joe worked with me to find out just what I wanted on every detail and the result is an heirloom quality guitar that I can't stop playing. Honestly I feel like I have the '64 strat that I always wanted but without all the worries that come with owning a collector's item. The greatest highlights for me are the nitro finish and the way Joe set up the neck. It has a very broken in feel around the edges of the fretboard which is exactly what I wanted. Seriously, the guitar is worth so much more than what I paid for it because of how it feels to play it.

This one's mine:
    [​IMG]

6. iceecat

iceecat Member

I own a blonde Tango from Riggio. Joe has always done my setups on my guitars and after taking one of his builds for a few days to try I wanted one. It's a great feeling guitar plays like butter. The wood grain is gorgeous with the blonde finish. I purchased it in 2011. It's by far the best I own compared with my deluxe strat, Gibson Les Paul, Gibson SG, and Ibanez. Joe is also a consummate professional and extremely honest in all his business dealings.

7. Boundcustom

Boundcustom Gold Supporting Member

Impartial observation here. Joe is making a fantastic guitar. His finish work is exactly the feel and look you want. The detail he puts in to the work is just what you expect and to not always see from a small builder.
    Every time I see his booth at shows I have to stop and play his guitars.