1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone own the new Ibanez AG95 Jazzbox?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mojazzmo, May 22, 2011.

1. mojazzmo

mojazzmo Member

I played one yesterday at my local music store and was pretty blown away for a made in china jazzbox. I really liked the smaller body and the slightly smaller neck. I looks fantastic and seemed to be finished very well. I didn't plug in and only played it acoustically. It had a really nice feel and a woody acoustic resonance. I think if I would have plugged it in, I would have walked out with it. I'm going to give it a plugged-in test drive on tuesday. I've been looking for a budget priced but decent jazzbox for some restaraunt duo jazz gigs. Can I go wrong for $560?? Thoughts?

Thanks.

2. mojazzmo

mojazzmo Member

3. mwhy

mwhy Member

You've kinda already answered your own post: Nice sounding, comfortable, and inexpensive guitar that you like. What else do you need to know?

In general, though, most people around here seem to like the Ibanez jazz guitars (hollow/semi-hollow); if anything, you can get new pickups if you don't like the stock models, but otherwise the guitar will be good for you. Go for it.