Anyone play an AxeFx or other modeler through the Yamaha THR-10 or 5?

thirsty one

Silver Supporting Member
I'm thinking about picking one of these up for portable grab and go with my AxeFx. I'm also considering using my ethos with one as a back up rig for my AxeFx.

Anyone played a modeler through one of these THR-10?

J-custom

I play my kemper thru the flat channel of the thr10 and it works very well! The thr can actually keep up with my drummer believe it or not

DHart

I play my kemper thru the flat channel of the thr10 and it works very well! The thr can actually keep up with my drummer believe it or not
It is surprising, but the THR-10 is, indeed, remarkably loud for the size and power. Plenty of power for playing with a band of acoustic instruments, electric or acoustic bass, often even with a moderately quiet drummer. Or run through PA with mic or USB output. Not an ideal gigging amp, certainly, but surprisingly competent in milder genres and circumstances, and ideal for personal practice and recording.

danel59

I use my Ethos into the Flat setting of my THR10 and add a bit of verb and delay and it sounds real good at home, don't think it would be loud
enough to use as a monitor on a gig, however I really like the tones I am getting with this setup.

gurumonkey

I've played a pod hd500 and S-Gear through it. Both times I just ran it into the aux input, never straight in. Both sounded fantastic. Cool solution.

thirsty one

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the responses. I have a hard time not picking one of these up. I was going to get a delay/reverb to go with the ethos for a back up rig, but this would be even better.

Trending Topics