1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone play an XTC with a 2x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by stephen thomas, Dec 18, 2009.

1. stephen thomas

stephen thomas Member

and if so what 2x12. Ideally I'd like to go for the OS 2X12, but my vehicle constraints mean that I need to source a slightly smaller 2x12, so please let me know what you use and with with what results

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I had the Ecstasy Classic with the OS212; but did try it with my other 212's at the time. I had a ToneTools 212 and it sounded pretty good; just as good as the the Bogner OS212. But the ToneTools 212's (they were front ported) are no longer made to the best of my knowledge.

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of my Germino on the ToneTools so you have a sense of the scale of it:

[​IMG]

3. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

4. billm408

billm408 Member

For smaller gigs, I'll use the Bogner OS 2x12 although it's really not that much smaller than a 4x12.
    [​IMG]

5. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

I use a Mojotone 2x12 with Scumbacks. Sounds and works out great.

6. Wolf Static

Wolf Static Member

I had the Ecstasy 101B with the Bogner 2x12 Oversized and it worked wonders for me. Did it sound like a 4x12? Perhaps not - but it still had a huge sound and did a great job! Keep in mind though, the Bogner 2x12 cab isn't small, like the Carvin Legacy 2x12 - it's got some bulk to it... I have a YouTube demo of my old Marshall JVM going into it, to give you an idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmTr-6Xh9fE

I'll try to dig something up with my Ecstasy head in the meantime, but at least you'll get a rough idea of how it sounds!

Cheers