• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone play palour guitars?

spjoker

I'm liking the parlour guitars lately....when I do a search for them like the laravee and tacoma I couldn't find a whole lot of info. So where can you find them and what do guys recomend? I have tried the Gibson blues king-the robert johnson stlye and I liked it alot, but what about other brands?

solarbean

I'm on my second Larry. The first was rosewood. I sold it and bought another rosewood - but this one with a cutaway and that saweet imix pickup. It is loads of fun and sounds great at the local open mic I play. I've received compliments on its voice.

The Larries are 12-frets to the body. The cutaway is a must if you like to play up close to the body.

gregc

Silver Supporting Member
Larrivee makes a nice parlor guitar. I have one. Sounds bigger than it is; beautieful wood, very well built & set up. P-09 rosewood

Pa'ani

Silver Supporting Member
I really love my Larrivee Parlor Koa Limited Edition. Beautiful Koa Top Back/sides and it sounds fantastic!

spjoker

Parlor guitars have a rich sound, kind of ironic since they are so small. I gonna have to get one.

zombywoof

Yup, a 1920s Stromberg-Voisinet. The parlor that I would love to score is a Oscar Schmidt-made Stella.

konavet

My 1920 Martin 1-21 is a wonderful little guitar (belonged to my grandfather). Built prior to steel string bracing, so I keep nylon strings on it. Still sounds sweet.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
+1 for the parlor guitar idea. My Lowden S-23x (Engelmann spruce top with walnut back and sides) is a parlor guitar. An absolutely killer player with remarkably rich tone. It is a much better instrument than I am a player; that's for sure.

I love the Parlor size. For playing at home you can't beat it! And actually, for most people it would be a better choice than a larger body... From what I've played the Larrivees were about the best in the moderate price range. For cheap, Art & Lutherie make a couple that sound fine... As for me, I bit the bullet and bought a custom order Goodall with Madagascar Rosewood body and Adirondack top... It's an amazing instrument, definitely the equal in volume of many fullsize guitars, yet easy enough to lay back on the sofa with and strum along...
Michael

I love the Parlor size. For playing at home you can't beat it! And actually, for most people it would be a better choice than a larger body... From what I've played the Larrivees were about the best in the moderate price range. For cheap, Art & Lutherie make a couple that sound fine... As for me, I bit the bullet and bought a custom order Goodall with Madagascar Rosewood body and Adirondack top... It's an amazing instrument, definitely the equal in volume of many fullsize guitars, yet easy enough to lay back on the sofa with and strum along...
Michael

Pics, my good man, pics! :drool

Hi mojocaster,

Thanks for your interest... Who doesn't like to show off their baby? Just a couple happy snaps but they give you an idea...

jrincones

I played a Parlor model Larrivee at a local guitar shop here in San Antonio Texas and I was blown away with the sound. I had a very very hard time putting it down and walking away, why didn't I purchase it you ask? Well just couldn't swing the price at that time but maybe someday. :rolleyes:

frmorales52

Silver Supporting Member
What's the difference between a martin size 1 and a 5?

I'm looking for a high quality travel guitar and the parlors have definately got my attention. I'm a little leary of the shorter scale. I'd love to find a 14 fret 0-18.

sffranky

Arc Angel

I've got a guitar nylon string cypress based upon a Antonio Torres 1883. A lot of power in a little body.

stephenT

here's my pride and joy, a John How Ladder Braced Concert. About an "O" size.

and another more affordable parlor, a Go Parlor Type Two

Trending Topics