1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

anyone play standel all tube amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by alexnic, Feb 15, 2008.

1. alexnic

alexnic Member

how do you set up with speakers at live gigs? any extention cabs? or wall
    of 15's. any effects, which ones, again I'm looking for Standel players....
    thanks
    Nick

2. alexnic

alexnic Member

nothing on Standel? no players on gear page?
    how can that be?
    Nick

3. openbar

openbar Silver Supporting Member

You mean the reissue 25L15? Those came with a JBL D130 clone.

4. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

I believe TGP member µ¿ z3®ø™ has one--IIRC, he likes it. :) You might ask him about it if he doesn't happen to see this thread.

5. alexnic

alexnic Member

yes the 25l15, and or any of the newer models, I have a 50 watt head, I here steel players order 100 watt models also......so little info out there. Danny Mckinney re-started Standel, so far there is very little on players using them.
    I'm building 2x15 cab set up and may extend that. thanks for the feedback
    Nick

6. SatelliteAmps

SatelliteAmps Member

Didn't he restart the company about 10 years ago, in 1998? he 25L15 is a pretty close copy to one of the original style amps. Part of the reason you don't hear about a lot of players using them is that a lot of players aren't using them. That's not to say they aren't great amps, but that the style they are great for is a small market, and most of those players want the vintage originals. Deke Dickerson is a guy who is amazing, and plays both the vintage and the new models. You can google him and find some great info about the amps.

I prefer the Standel amps to be played with either a 1x15 or 2x15 (I prefer the JBL). Anything more than that is really just overkill.

7. alexnic

alexnic Member

thanks for that info. I've tracked some jbl 130a models
    so that's where I'm starting. I'm told they are a bit darker than the d130, it's a matter of taste and trying to source them in good condition not so easy. Deke
    Dickerson has is own thing going, I sure like what he's doing with Standels, haven't seen anything specific on his set up, will look on his page. thanks
    Nick