Anyone Play the Fender '66 CS Strat?

exodus

Anyone try out the newer '66 custom shop strat? I'm curious how the neck and pickups were.

Ogre

The 66' has the big headstock. I played one at a local haunt and it was splendid.

Ogre

The neck was no slimmer than the other early 60s Custom Shop guitars I have played. Hard for an old dog like me to dig that goofy bigger headstock!

buddastrat

Big heads are awesome. I much prefer them to the small ones. They just look cool. Plus that little bit extra wood up there improves the tone of course ;)

Btw, I do own a Fender '69 relic and the neck is very similar to my real '66 below. U shape and chunky round. No finish left on this neck. BTW, why can't Fender get their pickguards right on all their relics?!

exodus

Nice. I agree, I love big headstocks too, and the '66 with the Klusons and transition logo might be the coolest of them.

Ogre

I rechecked that guitar, and it is indeed a thinnish C shape. Not my preference, but a very nice guitar.It is also used, and has a kooky green finish. I don't know the name of the color.

tonedrip

I would be very interested in a review on the CS 66 Strat.

Here is my real 66.... I have never found any Strat that compares. I d' love to get a backup.

Sorry about the pic quality.

Trending Topics