Anyone play the Fender Princeton Reverb with 12” Creamback?

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
My love/hate relationship with my Mesa Express 5:25 plus is ending. The reverb died and it’s just too much amp for my noodling needs. I’m also growing tired of EL 84 tones (too many Blues Jrs in my past as well). So, I’m thinking a Princeton with a 12” speaker. The 2019 FSR Chilewich tolex with the Creamback or British Green with Greenback. I’ve got a McCarty, Paul’s Guitar and 60’s Strat and want to an amp to produce the guitar’s character, not the amp forcing its tone over them.

Edit- just saw Guitar Center has a tweed covered Princeton with a Celestion G12-65...hmm, another option?

Last edited:

Jr Deluxe

You want a 30w celestion. Dont ask which one , they are all good. 70th anni, G12H30, G1235xc or the 55hz.

Stratburst70

I have a Fender PRRI with a 12” Cannabis Rex speaker. That’s a great combination as well: the CR eliminates low end flub, adds some midrange and headroom.

DJ_61

Gold Supporting Member
I have a Princeton Reverb (Vintage Sound Amps) with a WGS 12c/s and I have reached tonal nirvana.

skovach623

Silver Supporting Member
Haven’t played the Creamback version but every other amp I have played with that speaker sounds great. I have played the GC Celestion G12-65 version and the Bordeaux Limited Edition with Jensen Alnico. Both very good and don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Trending Topics