Anyone played a Marshall Origin Vertical 212?

Bentayuk

Silver Supporting Member
I’m looking at the Marshall ORI212A vertical 2x12 cab, has anyone played one?

Toby Krebs

Nope. Not here. Considering ordering one and putting two of my V30s in it. I have an Origin 50h.

gearscrubs

Interested as well. I have the OR20h and have been looking for a vertical 2x12. There is a lot of speculation that this one is made of MDF, similar the MX212A, but I haven't actually seen any confirmation of this from someone who has opened one up. I'd like to know how it compares with the SV212, construction wise.

Bentayuk

Silver Supporting Member
Interested as well. I have the OR20h and have been looking for a vertical 2x12. There is a lot of speculation that this one is made of MDF, similar the MX212A, but I haven't actually seen any confirmation of this from someone who has opened one up. I'd like to know how it compares with the SV212, construction wise.
Yeah it says MDF on the site, compared to the Plywood in my 1936. I’m worried that could be an issue, but also hoping a speaker swap to V30’s or Greenbacks will do the trick.

guitarman3001

It looks like it's just an mx212 with different grill cloth and higher cost for no good reason.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Not sure if these are still around but I bought a Jet City 2x12 vertical cab for my Marshall DSL20HR last year. They are solid plywood and very lightweight.
They were selling for $299 shipped brand new loaded with Eminence speakers. I got mine unloaded for around $220 shipped.

They are front loaded for easy speaker swaps. the grill cloth pops right off (held on with velcro) for easy access to the speakers.

The speakers are slightly offset giving the cab a little more width to hold amp heads.
Very lightweight and sounds awesome!

I removed the Jet City logo from mine.

EDIT: Yes, these are still available: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Jet-Ci...Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet-Black-1500000022624.gc

Bentayuk

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure if these are still around but I bought a Jet City 2x12 vertical cab for my Marshall DSL20HR last year. They are solid plywood and very lightweight.
They were selling for $299 shipped brand new loaded with Eminence speakers. I got mine unloaded for around $220 shipped.

They are front loaded for easy speaker swaps. the grill cloth pops right off (held on with velcro) for easy access to the speakers.

The speakers are slightly offset giving the cab a little more width to hold amp heads.
Very lightweight and sounds awesome!

I removed the Jet City logo from mine.

EDIT: Yes, these are still available: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Jet-Ci...Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet-Black-1500000022624.gc

Nice! I'm going to have to wait for Doug to put some more stock on his site, as GC don't ship up here, but I've dealt with Doug plenty of times. He's always been fantastic.

Although it appears to be about an inch smaller in width than the Marshall offerings. My TH30 is 21.6" wide, the Marshall is 21.1", and the JC is 20".

I even found a pic of them together, they don't look bad at all....

Last edited:

vintage66

Ouch, expected to ship in July (Jet City). I wish it was a bit wider for a full sized head, it’s 10” narrower.

b80

I have my eye on the Orange PPC212V cab. I like the tone from Greenback/Creamback speakers.

Then, part of me sees that I can get an Orange 4x12 around $600. Hard to resist.

vintage66

They should have put greenbacks in that cabinet.
I think the SV212 should have greenbacks for sure. I’m not sure what they have or the difference between that and the Origin cab. I’m checking out different options from Avatar and others. I have a 4x12 with greenbacks but need a 1x12 or 2x12 for easier transport. I’m considering Vintage 30’s, Anniversary 12H30 or a mix of the two, greenies, Scumbacks, etc. A diagonal 2x12 would be cool but limited options there.

guitarman3001

I have my eye on the Orange PPC212V cab. I like the tone from Greenback/Creamback speakers.

Then, part of me sees that I can get an Orange 4x12 around $600. Hard to resist.
I would love to get an Orange cab but they weigh more than my car! Seriously, I probably couldn't lift an Orange 4x12 into the car. Yes, I go to the gym but I'm old and have a bad back and two hernias so lifting heavy sh!t is out of the question.

Calebz

Do they ship to the US?
Yup. I believe they flat rate their shipping at around $35 for up to 31 kilos. The cab is 24 kilos, so it should be good to go.

I've owned the side by side HB vintage 2x12. They aren't perfect, but I firmly believe they are one of, if not the best cheap V30 cabs on the market. I'm considering picking up one of the vertical cabs for myself.

biff maloy

There are used Marshall 4x12 cabinets out there for reasonable money. To me those are the best bang for the buck.

I run mine in a 1960AX with Greenbacks. Heavy yes but it comes with wheels. The extra depth brings out the best in Marshall heads.

Reactions: b80

Trending Topics