Anyone playing Fallout 76?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by JWDubois, Nov 26, 2018.

1. JWDubois

JWDubois Member

I'm done with RDR2, so I started Fallout 76 last night. Played for a couple of hours. No real opinion yet, I'll need to learn the mechanics and level up a bit first. The graphics are disappointing though, not even up to FO4, and especially lame after playing RDR2 for the last few weeks.

Only saw one other player. He was running around in his underwear, which I'm not sure was a statement or he just didn't know how to equip his gear properly. It was pretty funny though. The multiplayer thing is going to take a while to get used to, since I've never done any MMO stuff before. The lobby was full, but looking at the map, everyone was all spread out, I didn't see any obvious teams.

The most jarring thing so far is that compared to FO and Skyrim, there's no pausing for anything, no taking your time in the menus during a fight or while you look up how to do something, no saving. I even got jumped while in a crafting table menu at my own camp. I ended up quitting for the night when the urge to pee became overwhelming and the only safe way to pause was to log out.

2. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

Is it better than Fortnite?

3. pup tentacle

pup tentacle Silver Supporting Member

I'm holding out for the PC version of RDR2, and have pretty much been playing only GTA online since its release. I got excited when I saw Fallout had gone online since I spent a lot of time enjoying Fallout 3, but 76 was pretty much dumped on in the reviews. Rockstar once again added another mode to GTA online, so that will keep me going for a while. RDR2 has already run out of fun for you? I look forward to playing it, but, as with the first RDR, I'll probably get tired of horses and old-fashioned weapons before too long. I would think the online aspect would keep it fun for a lot longer. Hopefully there aren't too many more years to go before the next GTA.

4. JWDubois

JWDubois Member

I’m just not much for on line gaming. I haven’t been able to get into FO76 at all. I had a good time with RDR2 but I’m not sure I’d enjoy a PVP version of that either.

5. Ampedusa

Ampedusa Supporting Member

I rented it at Redbox and was bored and disapointed within a hour. It really sucks.

6. Nevets

Nevets Supporting Member

Playing Fallout New Vegas at the moment. Great game.

TubeStack likes this.
  7. Icedstevo

Icedstevo Member

I am re-playing fallout 3 right now, and looking forward to playing New Vegas next too.

TubeStack, Nevets and ckfoxtrot like this.
  8. ffoont

ffoont Member

I've been watching MATN play thru FO76 on youtube and I have no desire to buy it. The map looks big but uninteresting and the gameplay looks so dull. Very disappointing. Bethesda makes my favorite franchises in Fallout and Elder Scrolls but I am really having doubts about the direction things are going.

I started RDR2 but got bogged down and put it on the back burner. I'll pick it back up sometime.

Finished Lonesome Road in FONV last night.

Looking forward to seeing more about Outer Worlds.

Nevets likes this.
  9. ffoont

ffoont Member

I really enjoyed FO3. Great game, though a bit buggy.

10. Nevets

Nevets Supporting Member

I'm in the middle of "Old World Blues". Going to do Lonesome Road next before finishing up the main game.

11. ffoont

ffoont Member

OWB is fun. OTOH I don't much care for Sierra Madre

12. riker4208

riker4208 Member

Have no idea about 76 but Fallout 3 was the pinnacle for me. I still haven't played a game since then. That was many years ago now. I was hoping 76 would be awesome just in case I ever cared to delve back in

13. TubeStack

TubeStack Supporting Member

Huge Fallout fan, but I’m not into the online multiplayer thing at all. It’s certainly getting hammered in the reviews. I would’ve much preferred a Fallout 5 (or Elder Scrolls 6).

Currently playing Spider Man and having a lot of fun.

14. TubeStack

TubeStack Supporting Member

Ok, I bought a used PS3 + Fallout 3 and New Vegas yesterday.

Fallout 4 and Skyrim are my favourite (non-Nintendo) games of all time, but I haven’t played anything that came before them. Spent a few hours on FO3 last night - fun!

I’m also on my fourth playthrough of FO4 right now.

I am still curious about 76, but it’s starting to seem like a giant disaster, or at least the the coverage of it makes it appear that way.

15. PLX

PLX MENSA member, Astronaut, Dated Your Mom Once Gold Supporting Member

I used to play Interstate '76

Nevets likes this.
  16. FuzzBuzz

FuzzBuzz Member

Is this a new re-issue from Fender? :confused:

17. riker4208

riker4208 Member

I've heard that fallout 76 is the Fyre Festival of games. Is that true?

18. Bob Maximus

Bob Maximus Silver Supporting Member

I see this was an older post, but if you haven't tried it yet, FO 4 and the add-ons are fantastic. My favorite game ever.

TubeStack and riker4208 like this.