Anyone playing hard rock with a hollow or semi hollow??

hawk45

Zach Myers of Shinedown has a signature model PRS SE that is a semi-hollow body.

BigDoug1053

Gold Supporting Member
You can play just about any genre with any guitar if you have the chops and an amp that works for you. (Steve Howe played an ES175) - I say give the hollowbodies and semis a try. Ibanez Artcore AFS75T is a hollow for around $500, the Gretsch Anniversaries (G6118s) or Gibson ES 330s if you have the budget... They have a different vibe that is well worth investigating....

RevDrucifer

Gold Supporting Member
I’m predominantly a metalhead and have an SE Semi-Hollow. The only thing that guitar doesn’t do well is modern chugga chugga metal, but that’s certainly not why I bought it. No feedback issues at all. It’s my main guitar in the funk/rock/R&B cover band I’m in and there’s a few sections of songs I make things just slightly heavier/more distorted than the album versions of songs just to rock ‘em out a little more before going back to the basic edge of breakup tone I ride the volume knob the rest of the set.

I play out of two 2x12’s and while I don’t crank up like I would in a hard rock/metal band, the few times I have with that guitar it DOES get some killer controllable feedback going on when you’re at that pant flapping volume, but none of the bad stuff. There’s a bit more resonance to it with chords, if you dial an amp in so it’s really retaining the natural tone of the guitar there’s some beefiness in there that I dig.

BlackSG91

My Hagstrom Viking Deluxe rocks! It is ready for pillaging like a good Viking should. :crazy

VODjjpz.jpeg

2BNgc1v.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom