Anyone regularly gigging with a Fulltone TTE?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by minjason, Jun 11, 2008.

1. minjason

minjason Member

I've read a lot of the recent posts about the Fulltone TTE here on TGP, and it sounds like most of the people who have one or have played one love the way it sounds. I guess I just wanted to hear from people who are regularly gigging with their TTE's to see if it is a roadworthy piece of equipment. I don't mind the extra load, but I guess I was more concerned about maintenance...

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these, and any of your thoughts on taking the TTE on the road and/or gigging it anywhere from 3-4 times a week would be really helpful.

2. CentralScrutini

CentralScrutini Member

Fulltone stuff is generally pretty rugged, and it was designed to be a modern roadworthy replacement for an Echoplex, so I imagine you'll be fine gigging with it as long as you don't make a habit of dropping it. :D

3. bynt

bynt Member

I don't have one but I can tell you that when I did load in for the Black Crowes that Rich Robinson had two of them in his rig. I've since seen pictures and he's still got them in his set up if that makes any difference. Oh yeah, and to boot, the way their guitar tech packed the pedals was in a suitcase type of thing with a bunch of towels jammed around the pedals. You could also email Mike, I'm sure he'd shoot straight with you about whether or not they're made for gigging. Just based on what I've seen if I had one I'd gig with it!!!

4. Swirl

Swirl Member

I had one on the road for about a year, no problems. I don't tour like that these days, but I still take it to every gig. I clean the heads once a month and replace the tape twice a year. No problems. Sounds fantastic.

5. vorvick

vorvick Member

6. Ming Chow

Ming Chow Senior Member

Using one for about a year now. One gig a week and no problems, knock on wood.