Anyone remember the name of a guy in New York that built EVH clones?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by zosozep7, May 22, 2015.

1. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

I bought a neck and body from this guy about 7 or 8 years ago on Ebay. He was very reputable at that time and he went by the name frankenstrat or something similar. He even had or contributed to How To Build Your Own Frankenstrat. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! I want to sell my stuff and need his name for reference.

2. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

3. XSSIVE

XSSIVE D'Avanzo Guitars Vendor

Not me, I didn't do the EVH Frankie style stuff really. My old Clone brand guitars were 80's San Dimas Charvel style guitars built back before Fender bought Charvel and brought back the strathead Charvels. Once they brought back the strathead Charvels there was no real need for my Clone brand so I went to work for Mirabella guitars and quit doing the Clones. Any guitar I built under the Clone brand would have my Clone headstock decal on it so there's no mistaking it. If it doesn't have the decal, it wasn't one of mine.

I think he's talking about a guy that posted under the name frankenstraat (two a's) on a few forums.

zosozep7 likes this.
  4. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

I think you might be right! Frankenstraat with 2 A's sounds right! I wonder if he's still around? Thanks for the tip!