Anyone remember what Top Hat models Sam Ash used to carry?

KazJY

I don't think it lasted long (maybe a year at the most?) but Sam Ash used to carry 2 Top Hat models.

Anyone remember what they were? I do remember the prices (which were WAY too much for me at the time). $1399 and $1499 IIRC.

I remember being blown away at how easy it was to get a great sound out of whichever models they had.

69strat

I think it was the Club Royale and the Club Deluxe.... I'm a happy 212 Club Deluxe owner...... Oooooozes tone...

Garygtr

Almost as good!
Gold Supporting Member
I remember seeing a King Royale at the store near Nashville, probably around '99-2000. I'm pretty sure it was new and not used, but I can't say for certain-sorry!

KazJY

I think it was the Club Royale and the Club Deluxe.... I'm a happy 212 Club Deluxe owner...... Oooooozes tone...

Yeah - I think this is it - I think you are right!! If anyone knows otherwise, chime in, but I think these two are what they had.

DanR

The first TopHat I ever played was a Club Royale at a Sam Ash in Orlando, FL in late '00.

I have since bought an '03 model in '04 and have been very happy with it.

riffmeister

Silver Supporting Member
Yup, my first TopHat was a '00 Club Royale 2x12 from Sam Ash. I A-B'd it with a Club Deluxe 1x12 and chose the CR.

My first 'boutique'. :)

Later that year, they had an Ambassador 35 2x12 and a King Royale 2x12 at the same store.

johnyfavorit

I bought my '00 Club Royale from a Sam Ash in Florida when they were blowing them out in 2001. Traded in a Marshal dsl and got a good deal; never regretted or looked back!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom