• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone remember what Top Hat models Sam Ash used to carry?

KazJY

I don't think it lasted long (maybe a year at the most?) but Sam Ash used to carry 2 Top Hat models.

Anyone remember what they were? I do remember the prices (which were WAY too much for me at the time). $1399 and $1499 IIRC.

I remember being blown away at how easy it was to get a great sound out of whichever models they had.

69strat

I think it was the Club Royale and the Club Deluxe.... I'm a happy 212 Club Deluxe owner...... Oooooozes tone...

Garygtr

Almost as good!
Gold Supporting Member
I remember seeing a King Royale at the store near Nashville, probably around '99-2000. I'm pretty sure it was new and not used, but I can't say for certain-sorry!

KazJY

I think it was the Club Royale and the Club Deluxe.... I'm a happy 212 Club Deluxe owner...... Oooooozes tone...
Yeah - I think this is it - I think you are right!! If anyone knows otherwise, chime in, but I think these two are what they had.

DanR

The first TopHat I ever played was a Club Royale at a Sam Ash in Orlando, FL in late '00.

I have since bought an '03 model in '04 and have been very happy with it.

riffmeister

Yup, my first TopHat was a '00 Club Royale 2x12 from Sam Ash. I A-B'd it with a Club Deluxe 1x12 and chose the CR.

My first 'boutique'. :)

Later that year, they had an Ambassador 35 2x12 and a King Royale 2x12 at the same store.

johnyfavorit

I bought my '00 Club Royale from a Sam Ash in Florida when they were blowing them out in 2001. Traded in a Marshal dsl and got a good deal; never regretted or looked back!

Trending Topics