anyone run a treble booster last in your chain?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by war-knuckles, Apr 23, 2015.

1. war-knuckles

war-knuckles Supporting Member

2. Glitch Magnet

Glitch Magnet Member

If it's a Rangemaster based design, I don't recommend it. The reason is that with this type of circuit, your guitar is actually part of the circuit. The Rangemaster needs to see a relatively high input impedance, like that of your pickups. If you feed it from the lower impedance output of another pedal, it'll be very bright and tinny sounding.

That said, I don't know much about many of the treble boosters out there. Perhaps some of them include some additional input circuitry to allow for placement following other pedals. I just don't know.

I use an Addrock Boostmaster, and it's first in my chain. Its whole purpose is to drive other dirt pedals, or the input of a dirty amp, which it does really well. I'd be curious why you'd want to put it last in your chain.

3. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Member

Sure, when the chain is wah fuzzface treble booster.
    Other effects not so much. Maybe a phasor or vibe would work.

4. Stratburst70

Stratburst70 Member

I have a TC Spark Boost between my dirt pedals and my delays. It's there in case I can't bring up the volume on my guitar for solos, and also to take my fuzz over the top.

5. earthmud

earthmud Supporting Member

I run a Scot60 treble booster as my end of chain lead boost and it sounds fat and glorious. No issues what so ever. When I run it anywhere but last, the noise and radio stations start.

6. war-knuckles

war-knuckles Supporting Member

ive got a diamond marquis booster that i threw at the end of my chain, not to use as a stand alone drive sort, but just as an extra decibel boost if i need it when the jams at practice get too intense.

its not "traditional" but i dig it more than when i had it towards the beginning of the chain and im curious who else has done it and what experiences they had

7. Smashies

Smashies Supporting Member

I tried it for poop and laughter. The result: I got more poop than laughter.

8. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

I have Keeley, Diaz and Analogman treble boosters and they all have to be put first in the signal chain or they sound like crap. The only exception is I can run a passive volume pedal before it, but nothing else...

9. meowmers

meowmers Member

I put my SHO clone at the end after a couple of drives and it really overloads my blues junior into crazy sustain.

Great for solos but not really for chording because it all turns to mush but I still dig that most of the times. That exploding amp sound

10. Timmay!

Timmay! Member

Super Hard On != Treble Booster

11. Roe

Roe Member

the roger mayer voodoo boost is designed to run at the end of your effect chain

12. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

No I don't. I only like treble boosters before my dirt section.

13. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member

I run my Swart Atomic Boost last on my Swart AST board and I have a buffer in my chain.

To my ears, it sounds amazing.

14. Glitch Magnet

Glitch Magnet Member

FWIW, technically speaking, the TC Spark and SHO are not treble boosters.

15. neosoulchild

neosoulchild Member

I use my Rangemaster clone after an envelope filter and a fuzz, both true bypass. I dig it, and I've tried it in different places on the chain.. I once kept it always first, but I've found it stacks better with the fuzzes I use if placed after. Before the fuzz it just sounds too harsh and bright.