Anyone see the Jack Bruce documentary?

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by snakestretcher, Feb 15, 2012.

1. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Member

It was on BBC TV a couple of days ago. Good interviews with all former members of Cream; the ongoing rift between Jack and Ginger Baker seems to still be, er, ongoing! Lots of great clips of JB with Cream and his subsequent and recent work, with his old EB3 and Warwick basses. Nice T-Bird hanging on his wall too.

Poor old Ginger is finally cracking-up; he's broke, obese, barely coherent, living in South Africa and needs to sell his horses and ranch.

EC came across as the mediator in Cream and confessed that the first night of the reunion was rubbish.

If you can find it it's well worth watching.

Right, back to 'Guitars In General'...

2. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Member

Cool I'll have to look for it. I read Jack's biography. He's definitely an influence.

3. tkozal

tkozal Supporting Member

I'm downloading it off dimeadozen right now

4. D.M.N.

D.M.N. Member

I watched it last night on the NoTreble sight. It was genius, loved it.

5. leftybill

leftybill Supporting Member

I was able to watch it via YouTube. It was really good I thought. It is amazing that Bruce still has that vocal capability after all those years, and a liver transplant.
    It is so sad that all those guys have been through hard drugs.

6. Fezziwig

Fezziwig Member

Wow, just finished watching this. Nice to see Jack still has the vocals and playing ability after his ailments, and Eric still looks great. Ginger, on the other hand, looks very ill, and is smoking like a fiend. He doesn't look like a man with much time left, and that's a terrible shame. It's amazing how the last few years since the reunion have taken a toll on him.

7. Dr Git

Dr Git Member

Sounds very similar to an event i saw a few years ago ..... back in the day who would have thought that EC would be richer beyond imagination, and Baker would wind up broke. Baker hated that Bruce would complain to EC that the drums were always too loud....lol