1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Anyone see the new Joe Bonamassa Les Paul from Gibson yet?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gatorgabe, Aug 11, 2008.

1. gatorgabe

gatorgabe Member

2. duanesworld

duanesworld Member

I played one at cowtown in vegas the other day. they got 2 and sold 1 already. very cool, beefy neck. Didn't plug in, but very cool relic look. Kinda has the rory look but on a paul, with the mismatch knobs and such. I have been a JB fan probably for bout 15 years and I don't remember ever seeing him play a guitar that looked like this one. expensive thou, in my book.

3. daddyo

daddyo Guest

I love Joe as much as you do but the guitar sells at Wildwood for something like $4500. It's got a 2 piece back like a Epi Elitist or Classic 60 LP. For $3100 you can get a Goldtop 57 Historic with a non chambered 1 piece body and all the rest.

4. thewhit

thewhit Silver Supporting Member

I saw Joe last night at the San Jose Jazz festival and he used the gold Les Paul on quite a few songs. He also used a highly flamed Lester as well as Category 5, Marshall and Two-Rock amplification. I was right by the outside stage and one interesting thing..........There was a huge Les Paul headstock banner with Gibson, in large letters hanging down the front of Joe's tour bus window. I figured they must be paying a tidy sum for that extra endorsement.

5. Phil M

Phil M Member

My thoughts exactly--and I think you can get them for less than that sometimes.

But I love Joe's playing.