Anyone see the new Joe Bonamassa Les Paul from Gibson yet?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gatorgabe, Aug 11, 2008.

1. gatorgabe

gatorgabe Member

2. duanesworld

duanesworld Member

I played one at cowtown in vegas the other day. they got 2 and sold 1 already. very cool, beefy neck. Didn't plug in, but very cool relic look. Kinda has the rory look but on a paul, with the mismatch knobs and such. I have been a JB fan probably for bout 15 years and I don't remember ever seeing him play a guitar that looked like this one. expensive thou, in my book.

3. daddyo

daddyo Guest

I love Joe as much as you do but the guitar sells at Wildwood for something like $4500. It's got a 2 piece back like a Epi Elitist or Classic 60 LP. For $3100 you can get a Goldtop 57 Historic with a non chambered 1 piece body and all the rest.

4. thewhit

thewhit Silver Supporting Member

I saw Joe last night at the San Jose Jazz festival and he used the gold Les Paul on quite a few songs. He also used a highly flamed Lester as well as Category 5, Marshall and Two-Rock amplification. I was right by the outside stage and one interesting thing..........There was a huge Les Paul headstock banner with Gibson, in large letters hanging down the front of Joe's tour bus window. I figured they must be paying a tidy sum for that extra endorsement.

5. Phil M

Phil M Member

My thoughts exactly--and I think you can get them for less than that sometimes.

But I love Joe's playing.