Anyone seen or played the Friedman Butterslax yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jlb32, Apr 16, 2016.

1. jlb32

jlb32 Member

Thought these were suppose to be hitting the stores a month or so after NAMM but have yet to hear about any coming out yet.

2. jpage

jpage Member

Guy does choose some odd product names

bullet6759, redgold and jlb32 like this.
  3. technomancer

technomancer Member

It's the name of Kelliher's old band as well as a name he uses online (ebay, instagram, etc) so not really an odd name for his signature amp at all.

As for anybody trying them I don't believe they've shipped yet. I had been told by a dealer they were supposed to be there by the 4/11 but they haven't appeared yet.

Cruciform and jlb32 like this.
  4. jpage

jpage Member

Um...ok...didn't know it was an 'inside joke'. How about telling us about this amp that you obviously know more than the rest of us about? Friedmans are cool...tell me more!

aynirar27 and indeedido like this.
  5. jlb32

jlb32 Member

I'm still hoping for Dave to do a brutal sounding amp like the Butterslax or JJ in a 50 watt head version. Something maybe a little lower in price. Love what I am hearing from the Butterslax but a close to $4K pricetag is just more than I'm willing to pay.

Gallery likes this.
  6. technomancer

technomancer Member

All I know is what's been put out in videos... 3 channels varying from light to insane levels of gain. The third channel is supposed to have the most gain of anything Friedman has done. Oh and I would love to own one hahaha

7. jpage

jpage Member

Amen to that.

8. jpage

jpage Member

Amen to that too

9. jlb32

jlb32 Member

Anyone heard anything about the BE-100 OD pedal also? Yet to hear much about those since NAMM.

10. technomancer

technomancer Member

From what Friedman said on another forum those are further out than the amps... I think he said June.

jlb32 and indeedido like this.
  11. megaboogie

megaboogie Supporting Member

Looks like some dealers got them in stock like wildwood.
    Anyone tried/ordered one yet?

12. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

Yes please. 50 watt 2 channel DS sized combo for those of us who don't play arenas. Tired of carrying my JJ and a 2x12.

jlb32 likes this.
  13. tabb74

tabb74 Member

You mean you're not one of those guys that uses a $4000 100 watt head to jam in the bedroom? :hide

PBGas, jlb32, mrwhipple and 1 other person like this.
  14. Dr.Picklebottom

Dr.Picklebottom Member

i love mastodon but even im surprised they gave that dude a signature amp. that things probably like 3 or 4k? id imagine the demographic of people into mastodon with that kind of amp budget would be pretty limited.

bxlxaxkxe, bbe_rev and tabb74 like this.
  15. tabb74

tabb74 Member

Yeah I agree. I'm one of the biggest Mastodon fans around, even got to meet Bill last summer, super nice and humble guy. That being said, there's no way I would ever consider dropping that kind of coin of an amp, but I'm not a pro level touring musician.

16. jlb32

jlb32 Member

I contacted Wildwood about a JJ a while back just to be curious. They wouldn't budge a penny off retail price.

17. jlb32

jlb32 Member

I don't think you have to be into Mastodon to like what the amp is. If you are into a amp that has gain, more gain and then more gain then it's a amp those type of players will consider. I like Mastodon but I wouldn't buy it to play Mastodon's music.

18. megaboogie

megaboogie Supporting Member

That sucks, MF wouldn't give much discount on Friedman either from what I've heard.

19. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

When I was looking to buy my JJ I first spoke to my Sweetwater sales rep he told me they couldn't budge. I ended up getting it from the Amp House because he had a signed one in stock and the one Sweetwater had wasn't signed. Recently I asked my rep about a Dirty Shirley and he told me that they do have some wiggle room... but I wouldn't expect much.

20. technomancer

technomancer Member

Yeah Friedman is a lot like Mesa, they have a pretty strict pricing policy and don't want dealers to discount their products.