1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone seen the Pat Martino film?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by WahmBoomAh, Feb 14, 2009.

1. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

2. jb70

jb70 Member

wow! i will definitely have to check that out.

3. Ooogie

Ooogie Member

I hadn't even heard of it, sounds really interesting...can't wait to check it out. I was searching for other places to buy it and ran across a really great interview with Pat discussing the movie. He really opens up more than I expected here and another surprise I ran across, I never knew Joe Pesci played guitar and sang...

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=29896

4. AlChuck

AlChuck Member

I hate to have to say this 'cause Pat Martino is one of my favorite musicians, but I thought that film kind of sucked. Very disappointing. Way too much of the director/auteur trying to be clever and creative, way too little of the real story and the music. The Phil Fallo documentary made in the 90's that covers similar ground is far superior IMHO.

5. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

I hadn,t heard about this film thanks for posting its such an incredible story he must have gone through hell............always been a big Martino fan.

6. AlChuck

AlChuck Member

"Abomination" is a bit strong of a word... though the end credits number - some female singer rapping out the titles of Martino's albums - came pretty close :)