Anyone seen the TC electronics Mimiq pedal?

ibis

Colour me interested.

Anyone got one yet and using it live in a stereo set up?

Ugly Bunny

I dunno. I wasn't too impressed by Tor's demo. I could hear the difference between it being off and on, but not between 2x, 3x, and 4 "guitarists." Besides, a doubling "effect" is no substitute for a second, third, or fourth guitar take on a recording.

I could see this pedal being useful live if you're playing with a stereo setup, but I don't know how many people are using a true stereo setup either in practice or/and live.

The long of the short of it is, to me, that it's probably not worth my time or money, given its very limited use and subtle effect. But I'm the guy who just bought a Timmy and loves it, so take anything I say with a grain of salt ;) This is going to be one of those very rarely seen and specialized pedals along with Strymon's Deco and others. But it probably won't be AS rare. I don't know. It'll be interesting once we see these out in the wild - I'd like to know how much better it is than just using chorus ('cause that's all it sounded like in the video).

Silver Supporting Member
It only seemed to remove presence from that dudes scratchy awful tone. I don't know about this one, I'll need to see a better demo.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom