Anyone share experience of upgrading from Alto TS speakers?

Hoodcreeper

I would like to upgrade from my Alto TS 112's. I use then in stereo and enjoy the sound. Well mostly. Kinda hard to dial out boomy lows and harsh highs. Can anyone share their experience of moving away from the Altos and what that sonic experience was like?

I don't feel the need to run stereo live anymore because its effect kinda just gets lost in the mix. Mostly I am interested in finding out if people have an easier time rounding out their sound? Was it worth it or is it only marginally better?

3dognate

CLR destroys the TS110A and TS212, So does a Yamaha DSR112 and a L6 L2M...

That being said... my ts110A and Ts212 are still serviceable... the bottom end being boomy in the Altos is my biggest gripe... the other offerings I mentioned to not suffer from bottom boom... The CLR in particular stays REALLY tight.

KenG

CLR destroys the TS110A and TS212, So does a Yamaha DSR112 and a L6 L2M...

That being said... my ts110A and Ts212 are still serviceable... the bottom end being boomy in the Altos is my biggest gripe... the other offerings I mentioned to not suffer from bottom boom... The CLR in particular stays REALLY tight.

When a cabinet is boomy it often helps to raise it off the floor!

3dognate

When a cabinet is boomy it often helps to raise it off the floor!

I keep mine on an amp stand off the floor.... that sure helps... but not as much as a cabinet like the CLR that doesn't exhibit this behavior inherently.

TJontheRoad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Gold Supporting Member
I upgraded from a TS110a pair to Turbosound Flashlines. Improvement in overall smoothness, bass response, and dispersion/ off axis coverage. Well worth it.

The Altos are still keepers. They will get used for side fills and smaller applications.

mojotele65

I went from a ts112A to a CLR, next to the Helix, best investment made in gear in a while. I had to do a lot of deep cutting on both the highs and lows via the global eq, with the ts112A, went I got the CLR I was able to immediately was able to turn off the global eq. At my gig on NYE, I never once wished I had brought my pedal board and amp.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
I am at a crossroads with my Alesis. I would like something with better dispersion and that I wouldn't need to bring a stand for. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a Katana 100 watt combo and using it as stage monitor. Obviously not frfr but would double as a backup. I would love a neo or similarly weighted speaker but not quite ready to drop that much coin. Which pretty much keeps me where I am for now.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom