Anyone stacking 2 ScrewDrivers?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dale, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Dale

Dale Member

I am thinking of getting a second ScrewDriver. I have one I use for low gain just breaking tones and love it. I also love the tones from it for mid gain and would like to use it as a second channel. Is anyone doing/tried this already? If so, how is it working for you?

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Never had two SD's, but I had it along with an LM for a while.

What I would suggest is set the SD for mid-gain and roll off your guitar volume knob. If you find the volume drops too much, I would suggest putting a boost (MXR Micro Amp is $40 used) after your dirt pedals to get back to unity volume. The Micro Amp is nice cuz you can use your foot to dial in the exact amount of volume you need.

3. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

LM is similar in circuit to the SD, and the man himself has said that he can replace his SD with an LM for some applications. So a lot of people with SD and LM are already doing that.

4. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Yep - I sold the SD for this reason and used the volume knob and boost technique I mentioned above to get my less distorted tones. I never had a problem matching the SD with the LM.

5. Dale

Dale Member

I have an LM and honestly I have not been able to get the pick attack responsiveness from it I do the SD. I run those stacked a lot of the time now in fact.

6. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Is the pick responsiveness that great? I only just started looking at these Skreddies, never tried one.

Edit - sorry for the thread hijack. I'll just start my own.

7. Dale

Dale Member

The ScrewDriver is one of the more sensitve pedals I have found for pick attack. It is what made it my favorite low gain pedal of all I have tried.

8. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Are you using Humbuckers?

9. Dale

Dale Member

yes - basically vintage output. Is there something else? ;-)

10. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just curious if you ended up with 2 Screwdrivers? I've been considering a second one myself. Set one up for lower gain crunch and the other for higher/fuzzier gain, since I love how well it does both types.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  11. coralreefer

coralreefer Senior Member

Guys...run a Screwdriver into a Timmy...set your Screwdriver to your favorite tone and add in Timmy gain/volume/treble and maybe dial out a little bass...Screwdriver blooms

My favorite is Screwdriver - Timmy - Tim - EP Booster = HEAVEN!

12. Dale

Dale Member

I have not hit the price point for the second screwdriver as yet. I will try it once I do get one, but as I not not need/want a deluxe I am waiting for the prices to drop on the originals a bit more.

13. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

Good point. When the Mini Deluxe came out I saw the older Screwdriver model go down as low as $145-$160 in the used market for a few weeks. Which is when I scored one thankfully. Now I'm seeing them back near $175+...and hoping to eventually catch an older one at less.