• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone still have their first pedal?

Roadstar II

Building on the delay thread, anyone still own their first pedal?

My first was an Ibanez SM-7. It was a horrid pedal, I'm not sure why I bought it. I ditched it long ago.

hudpucker

Nope. Was a Westbury Flanger that I traded straight-up for an Italian Jen wah about thirty years ago. :D

Still have the wah, too (mounted on my board).

Last edited:

wetordry

Big old Maestro Distortion that was competitively sized to double as a wheel chock?
Long gone.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
Amazingly I have one of my first two pedals, which I bought together in the 1960s at Don Wear's Music City in San Francisco. I was in high school at the time. The one I still have is a Vox Clyde McCoy wah. I peeled off the part of the sticker on the bottom with that picture of the cowboy dude, though :)

The one I no longer have is a Fuzz Face.

Jimmy Tango

sure, because I only bought it 5 months ago. EHX Glove OD, cause I was too cheap for the OCD. At first I didn't like it. It turns out I wasn't turning things up LOUD enough

dcg810

Nope, it was a Dimebag Darrell Crybaby from Hell. I don't even think I knew who he was when I bought it. It was sold to me by a Sam Ash employee along with my first amp, a Marshall MG100DFX. I don't have that anymore either...

topo morto

My first pedal of any kind was a Korg AX1000G multi-FX. Pretty cool in some ways.

My first 'real' pedal was, I think, a Crowther prunes & Custard.

I'd like to meet both again sometime but currently have neither.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Nope. Sold my Crybaby a while back.....silly honestly, should have just modded it true-bypass.

meowmers

It's a MIJ SD-1 that I scored from a friend for real cheap.

Don't plan to sell it or to use it, the buffer isn't the best as well.

Trending Topics