Anyone still using the HOTCAKE?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. Cary Chilton

    Cary Chilton Senior Member

    Messages:
    4,475
    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2005
    Location:
    Canada
    Btw, has anyone ever tried modding the CAKE to a true bypass 3pdt?
     
  2. Big Bob

    Big Bob Guest

    Mine doesn't see much use anymore but it has been on my board far longer than anything else. I've owned about 5 of them. Crowther will do a True Bypass pedal from the factory but he doesn't like the tone so....he doesn't offer it unless you demand it.

    I've seen a few TB Hotcakes for sale...they don't do well on the used market.

    Bob
     
  3. nashvillesteve

    nashvillesteve Member

    Messages:
    3,985
    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2005
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    The buffer on mine doesn't seem to degrade signal quality, try placing it in different places in the chain...
     
  4. Jacobpaul81

    Jacobpaul81 Member

    Messages:
    6,748
    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2006
    Location:
    St. Louis, MO
    Ive not had any trouble with it's buffer. Oh, and I use mine everyday. :AOK
     
  5. mild

    mild Member

    Messages:
    2,117
    Joined:
    May 11, 2006
    Location:
    Bottom of the World
    I like mine. :)

    Then again, I am of a certain persuasion as to local product... ;)
     
  6. Tuberattler

    Tuberattler Member

    Messages:
    2,414
    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2006
    Location:
    Eastern Washington in the Desert
    I had a Hotcake for about a month & sold it but I still like my vintage Distortion +
     
  7. Brick

    Brick Member

    Messages:
    1,171
    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2005
    Location:
    Arlington, VA
    I love my HotCake Bluesberry edition.

    I've heard that it can be too bright with Fender or Fender style amps but it is a perfect match with my Brown Face voiced Allen HFwN. If it adds any brightness, it balances the midrange emphasis of that amp. 95% of the time it's on and I'm working the volume. (the other 5% I'm tuning).

    :D
     
  8. dosmun

    dosmun Member

    Messages:
    1,765
    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2005
    Location:
    Midland, MI
    It's been my #1 for at least 5 years. I never turn it off.
     
  9. BlueHeaven

    BlueHeaven Member

    Messages:
    2,714
    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Location:
    Michigan
    How much less gain does a Bluesberry have compared to a regular Hotcake? For example, a maxed gain Bluesberry would equal what on a Hotcake?
    Greg
     
  10. Stressfest

    Stressfest Supporting Member

    Messages:
    3,493
    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2006
    Location:
    Perth, West Australia
    Nothing really noticable...it's more of a rounding of tone. Kinda like analog vs digital :)
     
  11. mild

    mild Member

    Messages:
    2,117
    Joined:
    May 11, 2006
    Location:
    Bottom of the World
    Hmmm... can you explain that comment a bit more?

    And what are you saying each is?
     

Share This Page