Anyone still using the istomp and app?

Benny Jones

ive seen a few of the digitech I stomp pedals on eBay for very low prices, might pick one up but am not sure if the app still works? I've downloaded it but without having the pedal itself I'm not sure if I'll be able to download sounds for the unit.

Anyone still using it? Is it worth picking up?

TIA

Tom Von Kramm

Platinum Supporting Member
The Stompshop still works, but if you have a new Lightning iPhone you'll need a 30-pin to Lightning adapter for the connecting cable.

chromewaves

I thought mine stopped working with the 30-pin-to-lightning adapter, but just discovered that it was my phone case that was preventing it from properly seating in the lightning jack and communicating with the pedal.

It's still too slow for my liking to load each pedal, the app UI is awful, and sometimes it fails to load outright, but it's a fun toy and sounds good.

VinceM

Still using mine quite a bit. Lately using the impressive opto trem. I've also used the rotator a lot - it's a GREAT modulation.

This istomp is one of my best purchases!

The dirt is also great but I'm covered in this area with other pedals.

I never bonded with the delays or reverbs -I'm also covered here as well.

MmcGrouty

It's a good pedal to have, I have an iPhone 4 sitting around specifically to change pedals on the iStomp.

Reactions: WWW

kzoolou

I keep an old iphone 4 around just to record rehearsals and to load patches from the istomp store. Honestly, it has been set on the Lex Hall Reverb for at least 6 months. I just like the way it sounds in my rig.

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
I have two of them and they get used quite a bit. I hope that the stomp shop remains so that I can continue to use the pedals. The Lexicon reverb is great!

Benny Jones

Cool, thanks for all the replies. Only really interested in using it for a pre distortion phaser, and maybe for stacking delays and reverbs with my other pedals but there seems to be quite a few other fun uses.

DaveKS

Yep mines set on the Red Coral dual pitch detune, it's really my most used "chorus" effect.

tylerpond05

I have 4 on my board. Swing shifter (T-rex quint machine algo), flanger affair (Electric Mistress), Vanishing Point (modulated delay), and the Lexicon reverb algo. been like this for a few weeks now and it is awesome!! I have a mix of iDevices and as long as I use the official Apple adapter for the lightning port, I'm good. I have bought all of my pedals from GC for under $200 total.

mrfett

Just bought 3 more. It's just simply a top-notch pedal. Sounds fantastic. The interface issue is the only drawback (having to use an older phone or an adapter with a new iOS device). Still, unbeatable value. As many have noted, the Electric Mistress, Lexicon reverb and a few others are just incredible pedals. The Electric Mistress is in some ways better than having an original because in bypass it doesn't destroy your tone. If the low end cut (a feature not a bug) doesn't agree with you put another $40 iStomp with a boost loaded after it and you're still at about the same footprint as the original. Love these pedals, I'm fine with no Bluetooth, I prefer the cheap price!

StormJH1

The iStomp was and is a great effects pedal, especially for those who got it for $40 (which is a lot of us, I suspect). There's something not right with me in the head that I continue to look at new pedals when I have this thing at home in a box that could cover several dozen different effects, and probably do it BETTER than most of the cheapo stuff.

Yeah, it's digital. But so are most of your favorite reverbs, delays, and modulation pedals. The reverbs, alone, would have justified the 40-dollar purchase price, but there's some cool other stuff in there as well. The dirt pedals that I recall weren't that bad at all. In fact, a few of them were original designs that were pretty interesting. But the real value to me was that I didn't have to worry about buying a flanger or phaser or something that I need once in a blue moon.

I had hopes that the Hotone Xtomp would have a similar suppressive effect on my dirt pedal G.A.S., but then they delayed it for a year and priced it at $200, so I don't own that.

The 30-pin adapter thing is probably the main reason I don't use it more - my primary iPhone and iPad are Lightning now, obviously, so I have to have the old iPad2 charged and handy if I'm going to think to switch the effect. I should probably just go buy 30-pin to Lightning cable just for that purpose...

Benny Jones

Well after spending some time with the istomp, I am blown away with some of the sounds. The octavers are all great, and have saved me buying a dedicated octave stomp, although they don't really track well enough for chords. The reverbs and delays are great too - with the angelic choir, the shimmer effect can sound out of tune - does anytime know specifically how it works? I.e. Does it harmonise at all?

For the first time I've been able to stack multiple delays or reverbs with my existing pedals, its opened up some whole new worlds, will certainly pick up another if I can get one for a reasonable price

Trending Topics

Top Bottom