• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Anyone tried a American Professional II Tele Deluxe

Mojoman

Silver Supporting Member
does any have one of the Fender American Professional ii Tele Deluxes? They look great but would love to hear some hands on reviews before I pull the trigger.

MGT

I have one of the first version ones (the one with the regular tele headstock).

MarcHayden

does any have one of the Fender American Professional ii Tele Deluxes? They look great but would love to hear some hands on reviews before I pull the trigger.
I got mine a few days ago, and its honestly the best guitar ive ever played. Ive been playing strats for over 20 years, and this guitar covers everything. the pickups are INSANE. And the neck is incredible. I have slightly smaller hands, so was a bit worried, but its so smooth, and actually feels as slim as an american standard strat, but slightly wider if anything.

tammuz7000

How do the pickups sound split? Can you get a tele sound from it. And did you get mapl3 or rosewood. I lik3 the idea of hb in neck and single coil in the bridge but it it splits yo7 have that..

Matt Evcar

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Did you get one after? I'm between the Mercury and the 3 colour sunburst... Modern or retro, can't decide.
If you did, how have you found it?

Matt Evcar

I got mine a few days ago, and its honestly the best guitar ive ever played. Ive been playing strats for over 20 years, and this guitar covers everything. the pickups are INSANE. And the neck is incredible. I have slightly smaller hands, so was a bit worried, but its so smooth, and actually feels as slim as an american standard strat, but slightly wider if anything.
Hi, are you still happy with it? How was the setup etc when you had it? Cheers

mhayden

Hi, are you still happy with it? How was the setup etc when you had it? Cheers
Sorry I didn’t get notified of your message mate. To answer your question, I’m obsessed with it. It’s become my go to....the pickups are just ridiculous. Setup - wasn’t too bad, but I always tweak as I like the action as low as possible, so I make small truss rod and saddle-height adjustments.

Matt Evcar

Sorry I didn’t get notified of your message mate. To answer your question, I’m obsessed with it. It’s become my go to....the pickups are just ridiculous. Setup - wasn’t too bad, but I always tweak as I like the action as low as possible, so I make small truss rod and saddle-height adjustments.
No worries mate, cheers anyway.

I actually got one yesterday in the Mercury colour. Pick ups etc all great and it looks amazing. Only issue is open chords (Am and F mostly) sound off. Tuning and intonation are spot on so think it's a nut issue. Will be ringing the supplier later to try and resolve the issue.

Glad you're still loving yours though.

Uncle Dad

No worries mate, cheers anyway.

I actually got one yesterday in the Mercury colour. Pick ups etc all great and it looks amazing. Only issue is open chords (Am and F mostly) sound off. Tuning and intonation are spot on so think it's a nut issue. Will be ringing the supplier later to try and resolve the issue.

Glad you're still loving yours though.
Try moving the strings laterally on the saddles. Sometimes a string can ride over a bridge height adjustment screw: this happened on mine, causing a sitaring sound.

Matt Evcar

Try moving the strings laterally on the saddles. Sometimes a string can ride over a bridge height adjustment screw: this happened on mine, causing a sitaring sound.
Just checked and that doesn't seem to be happening. Would stringing with 10s mean the strings are less likely to go sharp over the tall frets?

dlc0027

Absolutely love the color. I can stomach a Tele with a Strat headstock-looks kind of cool. A Tele with a large Strat headstock?!? No thank you!!!

TomBombadil

I know someone who has it in Dark Night with a rosewood fretboard. It’s pretty killer. Great sound and great feel.

mhayden

Just checked and that doesn't seem to be happening. Would stringing with 10s mean the strings are less likely to go sharp over the tall frets?
Sounds like you may just need some oil on the nut. Try some string lube, and play the strings in. I’m using 10s

Trending Topics

Top Bottom