Anyone tried a twisted neck?

I haven't but, for awhile I think Lace sold a guitar with a 10 degree twist like that.

Always thought it would be a good idea.

How is the action?

adrinalino

Action is low as normal. 1.75 mm at high E-string and 2.15 at low E-string. Radius 7,5". Since I am used to it, other guitars feel a bit awkward.

I will built a normal version as well. Thinking about a twisted strat with the body twisting as well.

Cheers,

Adrian.
Cheers,

Adrian.

nrandall85

Looks nice, but I definitely wouldn't call the measurements you gave "low action." is it possible to get a neck like this set up with under 2mm on both treble and bass side?

adrinalino

I like to dig into the strings and hate fretbuzz. It kills sustain and attack. I'm sure I can set it up lower but that's not my to my liking. I'm not a shredder anyway. I built guitars that suit me. I don't use knobs for instance so I leave them away. I'm just a simple bedroom player. They are not for sale.
There is in my opinion no reason why a a twisted neck should be any different from a normal neck regarding low action.
There is a small difference though. With a normal neck and a small radius one gets fretbuzz bending the strings. Due to the torsion the distance between the string and the next fret gets bigger while bending upwards. This allows for a much smaller radius. I think even a 5" radius is possible. Bending downwards of course makes the gap smaller but with my guitar and setup bending downwards a full tone is no problem.

Thanks for the compliment by the way.

Cheers,

Adrian.

batsbrew

the Lace i used to play with this type of neck, was ultra comfortable and superior playing in a lot of ways.
it was a loaner, don't have it anymore.

Trending Topics