Anyone tried or use Klein 59 strat pickups?

Lespaulsignature 74

Gold Supporting Member
If I'm not mistaken these PU's got a very good review in Vintage Guitar Magazine, they featured several well know winders single coils and these were considered among the best bang for the buck!

Rockin J

When you think about the classic old strat sound, that's what the 59's do. (of course that can be very different to each of us - LOL)
They are very responsive to adjustment up or down. Will get bolder as you raise them.
The bridge pickup is bright like any 50's style bridge pickup will be, needs a tone control.
I have the 59's and a set of S-5's.
I like the 59's a lot better.

jojogun1957

I haven't used them but I'am trying to decide between the 59's or 63's.
Here's a video with the 59's that sounds pretty good.

100% Zulu Boy

Gold Supporting Member
I don't have Klein '59s, but just replaced a set of Lollar Blondes/Special S bridge with Epic "55s into an ash bodied, maple neck K-Line S shaped guitar.

The Lollar's were very cool, but I dig primitive guitars, mostly, and the '55s are exactly as advertised. They took a balanced, really nice but sort of generic sounding strat shaped guitar and turned it into a fun guitar with sharp edges to the tone and real vintage character. It sounds like a really nice vintage strat, now, and this may not make sense to everyone but the pickups feel right, too. The Premier Guitar snapshot linked above is right on, IMO.

Hope this helps!

~j

M40A1

Silver Supporting Member
FWIW, the Klein 59 pups come two different ways: with or without copper shielding. The shielding may or may not be your cup of tea.

K-Line

Vendor
Use them quite a bit. Nice top end bite with the right amount of mid range. Low end is solid and clear. As others have said, very responsive to height adjustments.

jtpal25

Silver Supporting Member
I ended up with the '63 set and they're frigging awesome!!!! Mine don't have copper shielding. I'm guessing it's supposed to quiet up the noise?

VooDooClown

Platinum Supporting Member
Really, like my 59's, also have the Klein Jazzy Cats in an alder body Strat. Both sound amazing.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom