anyone tried this with a Mesa/Boogie?

mainly

anybody ever mod a dual rectifier/roadster/tremoverb to have the vacuum tube/solid state rectifier foot switchable?

it would be a good solo boost i think.

and what about the clean /vintage high gain switch? could it be modded to be footswitchable? since it is posible to set the 2 channels to be similar volume when they are switched between each other.

Ronsonic

I don't like the idea of switching the high voltage stuff on the fly. Whether Mesa recommends it or not, I'd recommend only switching those things with power off or at least on standby.

RussB

low rent hobbyist
Me thinks you need to read the manual again, the switch should'nt be flipped while the amp is powered on. The risk of blowing a tube rectifier *(and the fuse) is great!

What's wrong with the solo boost feature?

mainly

not a good idea...there would be quite an audible pop that would go along with that switching as well
1. the tremoverb has no solo boost.

2. theres no pop when i switch the switches on the amp.

3. theres nothing in the tremoverb manual about having the amp off when switching the vacuum tube/solid state rectifier switch.

and its certainly not necessary to tuen the mp of the switch modes - vintage - clean, modern - blues.

mainly

I don't like the idea of switching the high voltage stuff on the fly. Whether Mesa recommends it or not, I'd recommend only switching those things with power off or at least on standby.

why not? the mark IV has footswitchable simulclass/class A? which pretty much doubles the amps output.

and im not talking about installing a footswitch and then clicking it on and off rapidly just occasionally switching back and forth

Trending Topics