• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone try an Aeros Loop Station yet?

Wolfboy1

Grandpa but...Not Yet Old!
Silver Supporting Member
Looks pretty cool and possibly the best ever potential for stage use and a solo gig linked with a Beatbuddy!

Anyone try one yet?

donfrantz

Yo! You stealin’ all the cool.
Gold Supporting Member
Not released yet. Should be soon though according to latest email.

ljholland

Gold Supporting Member
I would disagree. There are people waiting for specific functions such as importing music using the SD card. As a powerful looper, it’s already there.

Pellecaster

Works fine for me, although I really won't be satisfied until they do a full midi implementation. Here's three performance demo videos with it.

Anyways, here are the first 3 demos I've done with it:

Very cool :dude

What is your signal path connecting the keyboards into it?

Pellecaster

Thanks!
I ran the guitar and synths into my Line 6 Helix and have the Aeros into the BeatBuddy in a loop of the Helix. The two keyboards and the Helix were all midi time synced to the BeatBuddy.
Do you go direct with all of this or are you using guitar amps as well?

Pellecaster

This particular setup is all direct, yes.
Thank you. I’m interested in the Aeros, but I’m still trying to figure it out functionally with my setup. I wonder how it could be utilized in a mixer with a variety of guitar amps, bass amp, synths, drum machine and vocals.

EtherealSoul

If you want to mix different amps or amps and direct signal, then you would need to use separate channels. The Aeros is stereo, so you'd have two channels to work with with 1 Aeros. So you could run the guitar post effects into the left channel and then back out to your amp, and then right keyboards into the right channel and then out to the mixer.

EtherealSoul

You would probably have to sync multiple Aeros to cover everything you're talking about. Digitech used jamsync to cover the situation you're talking about, but it only worked for 1 song part, iirc.

EtherealSoul

Are you miking the amps? If so, you could do it all in one aeros from the mixer, but of course, you wouldn't get the amp in the room sound.

Pellecaster

Are you miking the amps? If so, you could do it all in one aeros from the mixer, but of course, you wouldn't get the amp in the room sound.
I’m not currently miking anything, but I’m thinking about my home practice setup which I worked hard to put together. It’s a w/d/w rig, Ideally just the guitar would be looped through the wet amps. Of course I could possibly use an Aeros only for the bass, keys, and drums and somehow sync them to the Chase Bliss Blooper I have coming....this is what keeps me up at night lol :bonk

EtherealSoul

I’m not currently miking anything, but I’m thinking about my home practice setup which I worked hard to put together. It’s a w/d/w rig, Ideally just the guitar would be looped through the wet amps. Of course I could possibly use an Aeros only for the bass, keys, and drums and somehow sync them to the Chase Bliss Blooper I have coming....this is what keeps me up at night lol :bonk
I understand the obsession and how it interferes with sleep. Lol:

I just programmed/built my own midi controller/router/rule system with a raspberry pi that integrates a Akai MPK mini, Korg Minilogue, Korg Volca FM, Arturia Beatstep Pro (for building beats live), the Aeros, the BeatBuddy, the Line 6 Helix, and Boss VE-500 vocal processor. At home this goes through studio monitors. If I wanted to, I could run the guitar into an amp using the trick above, or more likely, I'd use the in-ear monitor system I have mounted under my pedal board. I'm currently working on a setup that let's me do all this with 1 big pedalboard, a smaller pedalboard, and a keys/synth/sequencer board (on a table) in a modular way that let's me pick and choose which of those I'll take to a performance. I'm almost done-- I'm only waiting on building the box for the keys, a right angle USB, and a full midi implementation for the Aeros.

Last edited:

Pellecaster

I understand the obsession and how it interferes with sleep. Lol:

I just programmed/built my own midi controller/router/rule system with a raspberry pi that integrates a Akai MPK mini, Korg Minilogue, Korg Volca FM, Arturia Beatstep Pro (for building beats live), the Aeros, the BeatBuddy, the Line 6 Helix, and Boss VE-500 vocal processor. At home this goes through studio monitors. If I wanted to, I could run the guitar into an amp using the trick above, or more likely, I'd use the in-ear monitor system I have mounted under my pedal board. I'm currently working on a setup that let's me do all this with 1 big pedalboard, a smaller pedalboard, and a keys/synth/sequencer board (on a table) in a modular way that let's me pick and choose which of those I'll take to a performance. I'm almost done-- I'm only waiting on building the box for the keys, a right angle USB, and a full midi implementation for the Aeros.
Whoa, that’s a ton of hardware to get to play nice together, I’d be interested in how you managed to midi map that out :aok Are they all synced to the beat buddy? Are the volca and Arturia going through the Aeros or using the sequencers built in and than synced?

I know I’m being stubborn with my guitar rig, especially with a looping situation, it’s just so nice to play out of but part of me knows that I could simplify for the ease of hooking it up. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too :banana

EtherealSoul

Whoa, that’s a ton of hardware to get to play nice together, I’d be interested in how you managed to midi map that out :aok Are they all synced to the beat buddy? Are the volca and Arturia going through the Aeros or using the sequencers built in and than synced?

I know I’m being stubborn with my guitar rig, especially with a looping situation, it’s just so nice to play out of but part of me knows that I could simplify for the ease of hooking it up. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too :banana
Sorry, I guess I forgot to reply to this. I have some custom software i wrote running on a raspberry pi that lets me route/map/etc midi messages among all my devices. One example is that when I switch song parts, the midi cc 102 value X on channel 1 from Beatbuddy gets sent to the beatstep pro as program change X-1 on channel 9. Midi note on and off on channel 9 of the beatstep pro get sent to the beatbuddy on channel 1. My Akai MPKmini has PC messages that get routed to the Helix as snapshot changes, which gets routed to my computer as hotkeys to change scenes in my video software. I have the Beatbuddy as midi clock master, and midi clock, start, and stop messages are relayed to all connected devices. The beatstep pro sequences the Minilogue, Beatbuddy, and the Volca FM. Etcetera.

Audio (except from beatbuddy) goes through the helix and into the Aeros, then back out to the helix. I have the beatbuddy going stereo into the aux in of the aeros.

Trending Topics