• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone try EV speakers with a Matchless C30 or similar?

Mejis

Silver Supporting Member
I'm thinking about setting up my HC30 to be a full-on country rig - maximizing the headroom and running edge of breakup at high volume. As part of this, I may pick up a different cab to complement the V30 loaded 4×12 I'm using now. Has anyone tried out EVs with this kind of amp? I know it's not going to ever sound like a twin or SSS (and I'm not going for that), but I am interested in how a big clean speaker would sound nonetheless. Thanks!

MHG

Though I haven't tried it, I can't imagine it would be a good match. I think the highs will be too piercing. If you feel you absolutely want to try it, go with the WGS12L instead. It won't be as bright, and is overall a bit warmer. Great speaker.

Guinness Lad

Regarding your rig, use a 5ar4 for sure, and put a 12at7 in the phase inverter slot. The speaker choice probably won't matter much as they are pretty mid heavy anyway. You could try something like a Texas Heat which has less midrange than the EV. It's not really a wattage and capacity situation it's more about voicing.

grndmstr_c

Briefly tried plugging my Jamison into a Forte 3D 1x12 loaded with an EV12L Classic. The experiment was short-lived and unsatisfying.

amphog

There are many better speaker choices that would sound better and be easier to carry.

Trending Topics