Anyone try Gravity Picks

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Billy Moss, May 5, 2020.

1. p.j.

p.j. Member

I have 2 Classic Mini 1.5's. I think I was sent one for free a while ago. They are fine but I prefer V-Picks if I am going to play that kind of material.

2. stargazer747

stargazer747 Member

I have the Classic Standard shaped 3 in orange. Very smooth and comfortable feel, helped improve my alternate picking technique a bit.

3. crambone

crambone Member

Wow, I just posted in a V-Picks thread about how Gravity Picks were my first kind of "boutique" pick. I am currently using the Razer 1.5 and love it!

[​IMG]

4. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Silver Supporting Member

I have a couple gravity picks I got with Greer pedal purchases. They sound harsh and unpleasant with my acoustic. Have not tried them with my electrics yet.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. ikan

ikan Member

Same here. One of my favorite picks. But I use it sparingly since I only have one :bonk

6. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

I tried them.

V-Picks are a better product.

downburst82 likes this.
  7. EmandoDave

EmandoDave Member

Got a sample pack early on. Ended up pretty much giving them away. Not my cup of joe.

8. crxshdxmmy

crxshdxmmy Member

I like the Big Mini Stealth and Sunrise models with the multiple grip holes.

9. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

I’ve got a few, but I’m really not a fan of them.

They were ok at first, but they quickly get rough edges that catch on the strings and drag a bit giving a bad feel. It felt to me like they don’t last very long because of this.

I also found them really slippery and hard to hold on to. And a bit too clanky on the strings.

For big thick picks I found I like Dragon’s Heart picks a lot better

10. GT100

GT100 Member

I’ve used them a lot over the past 10 years or more. They are good. Sometimes they “chirp” if your picking isn’t up to par. The grip is better than average. They sound clear and last a decent amount of time. The gravity golds sound better, don’t chirp, last longer, and have a very clear/ focused sound. The grips isn’t as good as the acrylic ones though. If I didn’t need a better grip that’s what I’d be using.
    But currently I’m using the Taylor thermal plastic ones around 1.14 or 1.5mm. They don’t chirp at all, have an even better grip, sound good, and don’t seem to wear fast.
    I’ve tried a good chunk of all the available picks out there. Really there isn’t nearly as big a difference between most picks as your led to believe around here.

Lloyd