1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Try 'Learn and Master Guitar'?

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by electronpirate, Jan 8, 2008.

1. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

I'm looking at some DVD's for expanding my playing. I'm not by any stretch a beginner, but I have 'gaps' that I need to work on as far as solo'ing. Theory stuff, since I pretty much play the same stuff over and over (same shapes, keys, only maj, minor, etc).

I want to expand, and wondered if these were worth the costs. I think that 80% of it is going to be basics, and 20% worth looking at, but I don't want to spend that kind of money for so little.

If not, what other suggestions out there?

EP

2. dorfmeister

dorfmeister Member

\

"Accelerate Your Guitar Playing" by Tomo Fujita?

3. stratmaster48

stratmaster48 Member

go to a nearby college and ask the guitar professor's for lessons.

4. mlongano

mlongano Member

I received my package a few days ago. While the first few lessons are pretty basic, in my opinion the package contains sufficient material to take you from an intermediate to an advanced level.

5. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

I'd given up on this thread.

I tried some lessons, but it seems that the teachers have thier own agendas, and even tho I wanted to work on technique, and learn some theory, I ended up learning Jazz riffs with no discernable direction...

Maybe this would help.

EP

6. Tomo

Tomo Member

I think you just didn't find right teacher for yourself yet. Maybe you are interested in working on your foundation for next steps.

Tomo

7. dorfmeister

dorfmeister Member

Any other thoughts on this program?

8. Desi

Desi Member

I have the program, and it's tre' neat. Like another poster pointed out, it's pretty basic in the beginning; as in learning songs like "Ode to Joy" and "Jingle Bells" basic LOL. But what I really like is that it teaches you how to read music from the getgo. I'm still plowing my way through it, but because I'm always buying a new book or instructional DVD every now and again I tend to falter in my progress with the program. I recommend it if you can't find a good teacher, and you can also post any questions you might have concerning the program and it's contents on their official forum and Steve Krenz will gladly answer them.

9. soli528

soli528 Silver Supporting Member