Anyone try the new LsL's at NAMM?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by mudster, Jan 27, 2012.

1. mudster

mudster High Prairie Wrangler Silver Supporting Member

I'd like to hear impressions of the Bad Bone and the Topanga at NAMM. Links to any video (other than the one duet on youtube where you can barely hear the topanga) helpful.

2. guitarcrazy2004

guitarcrazy2004 Member

I know onething i played a black pinebody maple neck strat.....................that is calling my name late at night

3. mudster

I've got a pine bodied saticoy, oh lord is she fine

Picker Pelt likes this.
  4. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

I played several Topangas 2 mahogany and an ash body too.

I think they're excellent, a real home run for LSL. The ash body was, of course much brighter and spankier, but both types sounded and played great. Super job on the pickups.

I liked everything about them.

I was also really impressed with a standard 2 pickup T style - is that an A-Bone? - it was excellent.

Then there was a 3 pickup T style w/ a Tele neck pickup in the neck AND middle positions & a more traditional bridge pickup - and it was excellent too.

It helped that I was listening to them through Billy Yates AMAZING sounding Red Jones amp at the LSL booth - here's a link to Billy's great amps:http://www.redjonesamplification.com/

Hat's off to everybody at LSL - great sounding and great playing guitars.

Thanks, Dana O.

5. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^

Does anyone know the estimated street price of the 2 humbucker and 1 hb & 1 T-bone bridge Bad Bones?

I am not normally a humbucker guy, but the demo made the pickups sound less compressed than most. I don't really know if it would be good to go with two or one and one?

I saw a different thread and realized I also have a 50th coming up! But, I suspect a new LsL is out of the question. There is always hoping for a used T-Bone and I can put my own hb in the neck.

6. Seegs

Seegs Member

Thanks Dana...truth is...I wish those Topangas sucked:p

Reality is I need another guitar like a hole in the head but I want one and can't decide between Mahogony or Ash:facepalm

Off to do some research...

not need vs want...want always wins

L8R,
    Stewart

7. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

Dana...those amps are killer looking! Any idea on their price points? Also, any clips available?

8. mudster

I think there might be either a link on LsL's site, or, some videos on youtube LsL put up that more clearly identify the amps so you can search for the guy's site. I looked at it once but can't recall the name now; anyway they look very cool and sound great in the clips. Can't recall the price point, but it wasn't cheap.