Anyone try the new Ownhammer 112 DLXVRB?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by richpjr, Apr 22, 2016.

1. richpjr

richpjr Member

ColonelForbin likes this.
  2. ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin Member

Yeah, just saw that, looks awesome! I am just getting into the IR thing with my Helix, so this is cool - low cost. I have the Justin York collection; I was looking at snagging the Marsh UK and Ampeg bass next! Guess I will add the Fender in there; trio of awesome stay up late goodness!

3. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

Not yet, but I will definitely get this. I like that the IR is for a combo, which is typically how you hear these in the wild.

4. richpjr

richpjr Member

I couldn't resist - picked it up this afternoon. Only had a few minutes with it, but it sounds spectacular with a Duke am in S-Gear!

pima1234 likes this.
  5. Fatherflot

Fatherflot Member

Just got it and it's fantastic with the fender amps in Amplifire. Bassman edge-of-breakup with the C 12R 57 is magnificent.

Between this and the Redwirzes Dual Showman IRs, I'm set for life with Fenders!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  6. Matticus

Matticus Member

Share a preset? I'm still constantly tweaking my Fender patches. Some days I'm happy; some days not as much.

7. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

I bought this set today. Only had a little while to blow through a few IRs, but I can already tell it's right up my alley and will take care of most of my cleans.

8. FreeBlues

FreeBlues Silver Supporting Member

I'm brand new to all this, so can someone help me out?

I just purchased the Ownhammer 112DLXVRP package, downloaded it to my Mac and now I have 4 different cabs/speakers. So far so good. Within each of these separate folders are 3 separated sub-folders labeled Mics, Mixes and Quick Start. Inside each of these folders are a LOT of separate wav files.

So, when I import an IR into Helix, what do I select - a Mic file, Mix file, Quick Start file? All the above? There are well over 100 combined files in these three folders for each separate speaker option.

So, nice that Ownhammer has given me tons of options, but how in the world to I demo all these files and pick one or three I like.

I guess I need a demo of what to do with all these wav files and how to apply them to the Helix.

9. mbetter

mbetter Member

You can have like 128 IRs on the Helix. Open the helix editor, drag over a hundred of them, and use foot edit mode on the helix to change the IR while your are playing. Take a note of which ones you like, blow out the rest and begin again until you are done with them all.

10. FreeBlues

FreeBlues Silver Supporting Member

Okay, I did this, but they all sound almost identical! Good for sure, but differences are too subtle for me.

11. mbetter

mbetter Member

Well, they all aren't going to sound identical. There's room IR and back of cab IRs in there, probably, that sound completely different.

12. Rick Wilson

Rick Wilson Member

It is true that the sonic variations are very slight (except for the room and behind the speaker) like tasting the difference between a lemon and a lime but these IRs sound fantastic! I typically audition the IRs in the "quick start" folder and usuall just stop there. REALLY like the C12R speaker but they all sound great!

Hackdog69 likes this.