Anyone try the planet waves tunes?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Number8, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Number8

Number8 Member

2. Number8

Number8 Member

I meant tuners with the string cut off.? This site won't let me correct my post.:BITCH It is ghey!

3. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

Yes, I have 2 sets. They work well for the most part. Sometimes one of them refuses to cut a string,not sure how to fix it. But I have not contacted them about it. I heard they were designed by Ned steinberger, not sure though. Nice option to other locking tuners. Hope this helps!

4. Mrjoelv

Mrjoelv Member

I put a set on a Heritage I had and they worked fine with no problems. I didn't like how the black center post contrasted with chrome housing of the tuner but that's just a personal preference.

5. omni

omni Member

Yes, I did not like them.

6. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

I put them on all my guitars, if at all possible. Never had a problem with them. Nice turning ratio, easy to use, nice knurl grip - easier on the fingers than the narrower sperzels. When I ordered my strat neck from usacg, I talked necks and tuners with the guy for awhile and the PWaves were also a favorite of his (=lots of experience).

jon