• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone try these..Guitar Amp PCB's ??

tbradshaw

I haven't dealt with the maker but you can mosey on over to 18watt.com and read about the evolution of the Baby Will and maybe get a feel for the guy.

voojo

Wow, thanks for bringing this up, looks like a cool idea! I bookmarked the site so I can keep up with it.

SeeMoore

I've ordered all the parts, except the PT and OT, got the main board today, looks good, thick.
Most of the caps and resistors should be here tomorrow from Mouser and the chassis on Monday.

I figured I could could get the chassis drilled, components sorted, jacks mounted, ect, and then add the tranny's last.

The tranny's are coming from Weber, which may be Weber or Heyboer (s?)
Of all the parts I had to order only two were backordered but they are available localy.

Time to get the iron warmed up, thars' gonna be a barbeque :)

voojo

I've ordered all the parts, except the PT and OT, got the main board today, looks good, thick.
Most of the caps and resistors should be here tomorrow from Mouser and the chassis on Monday.

I figured I could could get the chassis drilled, components sorted, jacks mounted, ect, and then add the tranny's last.

The tranny's are coming from Weber, which may be Weber or Heyboer (s?)
Of all the parts I had to order only two were backordered but they are available localy.

Time to get the iron warmed up, thars' gonna be a barbeque :)

Excellent, I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you finish!

SeeMoore

Here's a couple pics of what I've done so far.

Still waiting on the Transformers, Webber PT and Heyboyer OT.

CitizenCain

Cool beans! Love to see how this turns out. I've been contemplating a 5E3 build and see they're readying a board for April release. Will be following this thread!

doctord02

This looks *really* cool. I may order one just for giggles - I already have a scratch built 18WattLite2, and its easily one of my fave amps...

cj_wattage

The last of the parts I needed for a Valve Jr >> Baby Will conversion arrived today. I'll be getting started on it this weekend.

I'll probably end up building a SuperLite next. :phones

Man, amp building is about as addictive as pedal building....but it sure costs more. :)

SeeMoore

Got the Trannies today but it's raining and I need to do some painting on the chassis before I start installing everything.

The web site now has the "build manual" up which is turning out to be a big help.

Keep us up to date on the Baby Will, I'm interestd in how that sounds.

SeeMoore

Finished the build, looks ok, sounds very good, no noise issues and will get LOUD!!
This my first amp build, done plenty of pedals but never an amp.
I'm really excited about the fact that it works and I didn't die when I powered it up :)

Looks like all the voltages are right and all the pots work as they should.

I posted a quick video this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Addi8c1TYDg

Let me know what ya think..

zappacat

I'm thinking about doing this superlite build myself. I watched your video and noticed that with the gain all the way up there still wasn't much gain. I want something I can overdrive for some of the Ozzy stuff I do. Do you think I'd be better off waiting for the 5E3 based amp? Which one of those designs would I be better off with for dirtier sounds with the volume at REASONABLE levels? Any tube amps like this I can build that have an effects send/return? I had to sell all of my equipment 6 months ago due to an economic disaster I found myself in. I ended up without ANY guitar amps. I'm thinking this is a good way for me to go now. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

On another point. I'm trying to build this amp in the most economic way possible. Are there any alternatives to the output and power transformers that I could get cheaper off of ebay and save some money or should I bite the bullet and go with the webers? Thanks for the video and information. It was just what I was looking for.:banana

SeeMoore

I'm thinking about doing this superlite build myself. I watched your video and noticed that with the gain all the way up there still wasn't much gain. I want something I can overdrive for some of the Ozzy stuff I do. Do you think I'd be better off waiting for the 5E3 based amp? Which one of those designs would I be better off with for dirtier sounds with the volume at REASONABLE levels? Any tube amps like this I can build that have an effects send/return? I had to sell all of my equipment 6 months ago due to an economic disaster I found myself in. I ended up without ANY guitar amps. I'm thinking this is a good way for me to go now. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

On another point. I'm trying to build this amp in the most economic way possible. Are there any alternatives to the output and power transformers that I could get cheaper off of ebay and save some money or should I bite the bullet and go with the webers? Thanks for the video and information. It was just what I was looking for.:banana
The Superlite isn't going to get you lots of gain at low volume, you'll need a pedal.

As for the economics, this amp sounds, imho, like a much more expensive amp, it's thick and chewy with a great "just breaking up " sound and it takes pedals with ease.

I don't know if you could save any money on the tranny's or not, I think it would be better to go with the ones listed, just for the ease of wiring and they fit the holes of the drill template and the output, the Heyboer, sounds really good.

The parts list from the sight is a little off, a few things listed are not needed for the scratch build.

I took it in steps, ordered the board, then some of the parts, then the transformers.

Trending Topics