1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone try titanium bridge saddles?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Andygee, May 19, 2011.

1. Andygee

Andygee Silver Supporting Member

2. dspellman

dspellman Senior Member

Dunno. I refuse to spend that much on a set of bridge saddles to find out <G>.

3. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

I tried the cheap way around. Make my own.

My Dad warned me, I did not have the means to machine titanium. Of course he was right.

Hearing them, I just think the difficulty in making different types and the cost, we've never really established how and if they're better or even enough different from brass.

4. eliot1025

eliot1025 Member

I've heard great things about them. I'm using Raw Vintage saddles now. They have a very good rep. But I'm going to try titanium because I keep getting notches in my saddles and it requires professional attention too often. That's annoying. Also, my saddle height screws move - my saddles slip down so I have to re-intonate too often.
    Titanium, being stronger, should at least fix the notching problem. They're supposed to have better tone, sustain and note separation. I put a couple titanium saddles on my guitar before I realized I had the wrong width. Doh! I thought I heard more sustain and clarity but I'll have to wait until the correct set is on there.