Anyone tune down

bluelew

I love the way my guitar sounds and plays tuned down but unfortunately it's impractical for the other people in my band to tune down.

I tune down half a step. I also spend a lot of time dropped, from there, to Db and in Db modal.

The half step down is simply to put things more comfortably in my vocal range.

Occam

Yes and then another and another, and another and then one more for good measure :)

TheGigPig

Afetr about a year of my bass player asking to tune down half a step to make songs easier to sing, I gave in had a crack at it. I tried it once before in a different band and just didn't get on with it. But gave it another chance and so glad I did. That was 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Really enjoy the extra bottom end, and using 11--52's stops the extra slinkyness. I think Hendrix and SRV were on to something!!

Shiny McShine

+1. I'm working with Aledort's Axis DVD this year and now I've gotten spoiled being able to bend major thirds.

jaywalker

I'm doing an idol type show where we not only have to tune down to c sometimes, but also up if we want to retain the integrity of the harmonic structure of the piece being played.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom