Anyone upgraded the caps in their Nocaster?

Redfish

I always upgrade the Caps in my Les Pauls but haven't in my Nocaster. It sounds so good now I wonder if some nice PIOs could even improve it more? Mine is wired modern and I can't make heads or tails out of the numbers on the Caps. Anyone know what the values are on these?

Jollyb

Gold Supporting Member
If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Gibson is a different story...........Pay $2000+ and then its a must to change out the electronics to get it decent.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.:BEER

Redfish

I actually enjoy tinkering with this stuff. It definitely ain't broke but those little ceramic caps have to be robbing some tone.

bunny

Replaced the stock ceramic with the huge oil-paper vintage reissue cap (actualy NOS soviet cap wrapped in paper and sealed). Great thing to my taste.

I will give you guys a clue.PIO's are not the best for Fenders-look into Mylar by Dupont,epecially those made about 1960...

Redfish

Yeah, I put the Luxes in my R8 and it really made a difference. Anyone know the values on the two caps in a modern wired Nocaster?

59 Deluxe

if its modern, then usually the tone cap will be .50uf. if you have a cap on the volume pot, then that is usually a .001uf. this is not necessary though as it only allows highs to pass when the volume pot is turned down.

Chrissy

I have a Nocaster and also replaced the .047 stock cap with a NOS (Sprague or Cornell, I can't remember) from Tonebender (forum member, see Seegs' link above). Much like the difference - well worth the dough and a good guy to deal with).

Chris

Mr.Hanky

Silver Supporting Member
I put an RS kit in mine and I must admit of all the guitars (3 les pauls) I've done this in the Nocaster yielded the least improvement.

The Fender custom shop really has their smeg together.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom